Anyone have an Invicta dive watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam308

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was surfing the net and came accross an attractive dive watch by Invicta. Does anyone have one and do you like it?

Thanks,
Sam

http://www.discountinvictawatches.com/store-products-Automatic-Pro-Diver-Invicta-25-Jewel-Swiss-Automatic-Diver-<9937>-Invicta-25-Jewel-Swiss-Diver-Model-9937_6097728.html

i've owned an invicta model 9110 for over three years and it has been great. i have noticed that if i don't wear it for a few days it becomes a few minutes fast before it stops (self-winding). i guess that is the spring winding out.besides that, it's been great, 120,130 fsw on many occasions. i bought mine on www.wristwatch.com

Wow, their prices have sure gone up. Check out ebay and some of the high volume vendors there for better pricing.

Invictas are good 'beater' watches. Rolex 'influence' but nice design. Had several 8926s, et. al. types back in my WIS days. They used a std swiss-made movement, if I remember right, /w little to no modifications, and were OK on time keeping. Mostly they were a few minutes a day off if worn every day. Typical of that cost bracket. Had a bunch of Seiko dive watches that were very similar (but they used Seiko movements). I used mine to dive reguarly, and never had a problem down to a hundred feet & change.

Two suggestions: 1) don't get a gold plated version. The plating wears quickly and if used diving chips & dings more visibly, and 2) have the watch adjusted by a good watch person. The timing can be adjusted down to a few seconds a day, and should stay there for a few years. And, see if they have a band with a wetsuit expander; I really liked that on my Seikos.

If you aren't familiar with mechanical watches, be prepared to sync with a computer every few days or so, and have the watch serviced every few years of wear. They should last forever if kept up.

Hope this helps,
jwh

Sam308:
I was surfing the net and came accross an attractive dive watch by Invicta. Does anyone have one and do you like it?

Thanks,
Sam

Well, I could not resist and my new watch arrived yesterday. What a nice looking watch, better than the pictures on the net. I would not want to dive with a Rolex, although very nice watches, this watch is very Rolex looking with a Swiss movement and would not have any problem diving with it.

I'm a happy man except it looks like I'll be waiting until spring to get it wet.
:07:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom