SMARTCOM Tech Support??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for Smart Com Tech Support.

Trying to transfer data from 1 lap top to another. My dics said not enough memory so downloaded off UWATEC site. I have moved the data of downloaded the software - The issue now is, I cant activate the infrared. My Dell tells me its installed - but whe I attempt to transfer data I get a pop up saying infrared hard ware not connected....

Please advise.

Vin

Vin,

Go into the control panel and see if IR is active. A lot of times they ship laptops with IR disabled to conserve battery power. If that doesn't work I would call Dell support.

Mark

I checked it out thanks. Its active - think it had something to do with the download....

Vin

Vin:
I checked it out thanks. Its active - think it had something to do with the download....

Vin

Here is the response from SCUBAPRO:
And mind you all this is a brand frigging new $1800 dell. MMMM don't think I will de- activate my antivirus.... UWATEC must make or come up with another IRDA- compatable.

Unfortunately, McAfee is the problem. The virus scan blocks the IRDA and the only way to remedy it is to completely uninstall McAfee, deactivation of the program doesn’t do it. Sorry, I know this is not what you wanted to hear. Norton Virus scan works fine

If that is true then it is really between you and McAfee.

With that said, I wouldn't totally believe it until I tried it. If you have the original media it is probably worth a try.

Mark

mweitz:
If that is true then it is really between you and McAfee.

With that said, I wouldn't totally believe it until I tried it. If you have the original media it is probably worth a try.

Mark

Mark-

I'll try it again and see- Before chasing down McAfee to re- write some code.

Vin

I just purchased a Uwatec Smart Pro dive computer, and I own an Apple laptop. I had to purchase "Virtual PC" for the mac just to install the software. However, I kept encountering a problem with my IR device similar to your problem. What you need to do is Right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties." When that window opens, select the "Hardware" tab at the top, and click on the "Device Manager" button about halfway down the box. From there, select "Infrared Devices" and see what is available. You should only have one IR device and double click on it. A new window will open with three different tabs. Find the tab with the box where you can select "COM1" or "COM2" and select "COM1" to allow the IR device to have priority. The Smart Track software should then recognize the Smart Com. If it does not, you need to contact McAfee technical support and get their input. I hope this helps you out.

If you have Windows XP, can you see if the infrared detector “sees” your dive computer. You will see an icon on the taskbar when the IrDA device sees your Smart.

I’ve had some issues connecting with my SmartPro. Make sure the IrDA device is working, I used a PalmPilot and pointed it at the device (the icon appeared on the taskbar)

Make sure you have the properties checked:

> Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Wireless Link

Good luck.

Just came out with OSX Software on UWATECS Site

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom