Ratio Gas Analyzer Needs Discontinued Divelogger??/

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsnorman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any and all help appreciated, Ratio support appears to be non-existent.

I have an iDive Color Tech+ with latest firmware 4.1.26/016

I purchased the Gas Analyzer and I am trying to install the Mix Check app on my Ratio Tech+ computer.

Following the directions in the manual, I attempted to download the app using DiveLogger, but DiveLogger will not connect to my Tech+ at all. I get "version not supported" when I run DiveLogger or attempt to connect. My DiveLogger version is 4.2.0. I understand that Divelogger was discontinued but it seems also to have been disabled so that it is impossible to load the Mix app!

I can connect successfully using Ratio Toolbox and the newer Subsurface software, but I do not see any option to install the Mix Check app on my watch computer.

Has anyone been able to load the Mix Check app now that Divelogger is disabled? How?

Unfortunately that thread only confirms that Divelogger was discontinued and replaced with subsurface. However, Subsurface does not appear to support the Mix Check app. So effectively, unless I am missing something, Ratio just killed one of the best features of their computer (integrated gas analyzer) when they disabled Divelogger.

Hoping I missed something obvious here because I can't believe a company would be so obtuse. Lack of any reply from support has me concerned.

Have you tried contacting their support? I had an issue putting the analyzer together a while back and I contacted them, they made a video for me to follow. I never had any problem with their support.

Support did finally respond to me. They said my support email went to their spam folder. Strange but anyway they responded.

For anyone having a similar issue, the manual is wrong and you do not need to add the Mix Check app to the iDive. The Mix Check function on newer firmware is built in, but hidden in the menu.

In order to access mix check, you go to the compass first, and then click on the menu key while in compass mode. That will bring up a submenu for the Chrono and Mix Check functions.

Why they put Mix Check under the Compass I have no idea, but I do love the Ratio and glad to have an integrated gas analyzer!

Support did finally respond to me. They said my support email went to their spam folder. Strange but anyway they responded.

For anyone having a similar issue, the manual is wrong and you do not need to add the Mix Check app to the iDive. The Mix Check function on newer firmware is built in, but hidden in the menu.

In order to access mix check, you go to the compass first, and then click on the menu key while in compass mode. That will bring up a submenu for the Chrono and Mix Check functions.

Why they put Mix Check under the Compass I have no idea, but I do love the Ratio and glad to have an integrated gas analyzer!
Was going to say my idive easy come with the app preinstalled. Love these computers

Have you tried contacting their support? I had an issue putting the analyzer together a while back and I contacted them, they made a video for me to follow. I never had any problem with their support.
Do you know if Ratio sells the replacement sensors for the analyzer? Couldn't find it on their website

Do you know if Ratio sells the replacement sensors for the analyzer? Couldn't find it on their website

They do, but I think it is available from another site for less money.

Here is the website that sells replacement sensors for less money, you just have to find the model for the Ratio (sorry but I don't have it on me now):

They do, but I think it is available from another site for less money.

Here is the website that sells replacement sensors for less money, you just have to find the model for the Ratio (sorry but I don't have it on me now):

Nice one mate, thanks. Will get the analyser in the next few months. Still got a few more bits an bobs to updated first

Back
Top Bottom