Rocket fins II ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never seen them before, but I don't like how the bottom of the pocket extends too far back to allow them to be easily placed over the wrists when exiting the water.

It says they're neutrally buoyant... Most guys I know who use this type of fin prefer the negative buoyancy of the original Jets, Rockets, and Turtles.

FYI, OMS now has a "reengineered" version of the original Jets called the Slipstream -

http://www.omsdive.com/fin.html

Oh great more info to digest! LOL!

Redesign, hmmmm... One wonders if that means COPYCAT? Anyway, there is quite a bit of copies over the years but jets seem to remain the number one choice.

Btw are there any military types out there who have used the Rocket II?

Thanks

SangP

I would love to try them. I enjoy the current Rocket Fin.

Why don't they just have the quick-release buckle as standard?

SangP:
Hiya guys,

Recently I came accross this "new fin" the rocket fin II. Has anyone tried it b4 and how does it compare to the old standby the jet fin?

http://www.aqualung.com/military/PDF_Data_Sheets/Fins and Booties/RocketII.pdf

Many thanks.

SangP

I have been diving these for the past 2 months. FANTASTIC fins. In fact I am in La Paz this week and am finding them to be just a perfect fin.

I used to use Mares Quatro and Omersub fins but had difficulty doing helicopters and quick turns. One of our guys had these Rocket II on our Monitor project and I ordered up some. I have used them with my dry suit and wet suit and find them to be about the best fin i have used in years. The strap beats any spring strap hands down. The pocket is nice and roomy but not too big. The extra holes for a carabiner makes them easy to carry. The last time I had a pair of rocket fins was in the 70s' The idea of using a fin with holes in it was not in my plan. But ...... I love these fins.

We carry them in our store and people have taken a liking to them as well.

Regards,

interesting fins - I've noticed a lot of folks complain about the jets because they want more foot support under their boot - these would do that for them.

I do like the "teather" points - very convenient. Though SpringStraps make good teather points too.

Too bad they are not negatively bouyant. And what is their stiffness like? stiffer than jets, more flexible, like Turtles?

Tim

I imagine they won't be DIR compliant because the hole in the end of the fin can cause an entanglement hazard.

Joel - how big are the foot pockets compared to the Turtle fins? Thanks.

JS1scuba:
The strap beats any spring strap hands down.

I'm curious about that statement. What do you mean by that? It looks no different than a standard Jet Fin strap, and we all are aware of how they've been practically declared extinct amongst serious divers.

(FYI - I don't sell Jet Fin straps, so I'm not in a conflict of interest here.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom