Bazura,Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seamonster

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody with information on the divesite Bazura in Anilao, Batangas? Which dive operator and the possible sightings plus diving conditions and accessibility. Thank you.

Basura is right next to the town and can be a shore dive or boat dive. Muck diving with very nice critters. Wunderpus, mimic and frogfish among them.
Most stay around the area to dive. When I do Anilao I stay at Planet Dive.

How does the muck diving compare to other places like Negros, Mabul/Kapalai, Manado/Lembeh or Tulamben/Secret bay?

Are there other good divesites around there for macro also?

Thanks for the information.

seamonster:
Anybody with information on the divesite Bazura in Anilao, Batangas? Which dive operator and the possible sightings plus diving conditions and accessibility. Thank you.

supposed to be some good muck diving in basura... i'd reco balai resort at www.balai-resort.com

Jag

I'm not really asking for a resort recommendation, just wanted to know if I should bother to travel around 6 hours both ways from Manila just for 2 dives at Basura.

Your comments are appreciated.

Not to be picky but you did ask for ops recommendations in your first post. Since most dive operators there are part of resorts, you get the drift.
I love macro and like Basura alot. Would I drive 6 hrs to dive 2 dives? No! I would stay around there and dive it everyday for a week.

seamonster:

Bzura local term for TRASH.

This site is literally fileld with trash at the bottom. the trash gets collected here as the location is almost a depression from the regular shore line. sort of a cul-de-sac.

the bottom composition is SILT, very much like the southern part of East coast beach in singapore when the tide comes in from Indonesia ,only the trash would be underwater. Or has it been cleaned up already?

NOw here comes the good part. with this location currents are very mild to stagnant. hence slow moving critters preffer this site. Due to the trash, the litter serves to be refuge to them critter. you may at times chance on some sea horses.

But you really have to prepare for sights of disgusting things (trash) and wonderfull critters living among these stuff.

Resorts, you can pick any resort there. The nearest would be Vistamar with soem airconditioned rooms. However there are other resorts with better "ambiance"

Have a pleasant adventure , Be safe "LAH" !

Thanks for all the feedback.

Can't wait to dive Basura. I heard that they've sighted a Rhinopias there recently.

My trip itinerary would only allow me a day of diving at Anilao before I head over to Donsol.

paolov:
Resorts, you can pick any resort there. The nearest would be Vistamar with soem airconditioned rooms. However there are other resorts with better "ambiance"

Have a pleasant adventure , Be safe "LAH" !

i'd skip vistamar ang go a few meters down the road, around the bend and get into outrigger resort... it's a lot more diver friendly and without the hordes of day trippers there over the weekends

if you're just planning a day trip, why don't you call scubaworld and arrange for a daytrip? they have a van service and are pretty near bazura as well...

Jag

shugar:
i'd skip vistamar ang go a few meters down the road, around the bend and get into outrigger resort... it's a lot more diver friendly and without the hordes of day trippers there over the weekends

if you're just planning a day trip, why don't you call scubaworld and arrange for a daytrip? they have a van service and are pretty near bazura as well...

Jag

HArd Selling huh..... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom