New Fl diver, big guy looking for gear reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyrofish

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a big som'bich, therefore I need big equipment. In particular fins.
I've used the Scuba Pro Jet fins in the past, snorkeling high current areas, but they don't fit the height of my foot very well. The hard foot pocket irritates the top of my foot to no end. I would like a fin with plenty of power when I need it, the Jets are great for that, but I think I need a bigger foot pocket or a softer one. Tried the split fins and it felt like I was going nowhere. So really, I just would like to hear from other divers with big feet, and what they use.
Thanks
Jason

Heya Jason, welcome to the Board... Sorry, I really dont know what to recommend to you. You might want to make a new thread here. Also stop by the Florida Conch Divers forum here

Jason, I'm a big dude also with size 12 / 12.5's. I've been using the Jet fins with spring straps for diving and a pair of picasso full foot fins for snorkling/freediving. I wear a pair of neoprene socks with either to cut down on the chafing. I hear the Turtles come in a bigger size than the jets, you might want to check those out.

Also i've seen a pair of fins that were adapted for a high top of the foot by cutting the area that was too tight and sewing regular shoe laces down the cut to adjust for comfort....

I'm not a small guy (6'2" 240lbs) shoes are 13. I wear Tusa xpert xooms (which are splits) and have no problems.

Welcome to the board. Don't forget to check out the Florida Conch Divers Forum.

I am 6'2", 250, with size 14's. I wear Harvey's DriFlex Seal hard-soled boots and USD Blades. No problems.

Good Luck!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom