Capp Ann Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STOGEY

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey I just read in the local paper that the hotel at the Cape Ann Marina collapsed today.
This is the Marina in which many people pick up the charter boats for diving. So I was wondering if anyone out there has any info on the hotel and the rest of the marina. Do you think that they'll end up closing the marina, or just the hotel or what?

STOGEY:
Hey I just read in the local paper that the hotel at the Cape Ann Marina collapsed today.
This is the Marina in which many people pick up the charter boats for diving. So I was wondering if anyone out there has any info on the hotel and the rest of the marina. Do you think that they'll end up closing the marina, or just the hotel or what?

I just drove by it today. The left side of the hotel has sunk about 4 or 5 ft. The parking lot closest to the water and the boat lifts has sunk also. There is a distinct hill now.

I heard the fire dept. had to use the jaws of life to get the people that were trapped out of their rooms.

Did you notice any damage to the dock area?

Do you think that it will affect Fran Marcoux and his dive boat operation?

STOGEY:

That marina has a lot of boats and brings in a lot of money. I think they'll do everything they can to keep it open.

STOGEY:
Do you think that it will affect Fran Marcoux and his dive boat operation?

The docks were fine. However, if the parking lot shifts anymore then you might have to walk around the area until it is fixed. I think Fran will be fine for charters.

Back
Top Bottom