Aeris Atmos 1 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Helipilot

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased an Atmos 1 and have been learning the functions. I haven't had a chance to get it in the water yet so just checking the startup didplays. My question is, after inital startup it goes into its pre-dive plan mode as stated in the manual, however the Nitrogen loading graphic is showing in the yellow zone. Is that normal for the first use, before it has its first dive?
Thanks

Helipilot:
I just purchased an Atmos 1 and have been learning the functions. I haven't had a chance to get it in the water yet so just checking the startup didplays. My question is, after inital startup it goes into its pre-dive plan mode as stated in the manual, however the Nitrogen loading graphic is showing in the yellow zone. Is that normal for the first use, before it has its first dive?
Thanks
A-OK, Helipilot! I've used the Atmos 1 for abour 130 dives in the last 18 months, and what you're seeing is correct.
The dive planning function is telling you what your max. bottom time at each depth would be in order to stay within the NonDecompressionLimits (NDL). The nitrogen loading graphic shows 2 yellows because that's what your nitrogen loading would be at the last minute of your "max. NDL bottom time". If you went one minute over this, your nitrogen load graphic would progress to the red indicator, and then you would get to learn how to read the decompression obligation graphics and deco depth/time indicators. (Advice: Try to memorize what these look like using the instruction book while you're on land. The first time I saw them I was pretty narced and had exceeded my NDL by only one minute...but spent the entire cautious ascent phase waiting for my narced brain to finally decode the symbols. They are really pretty simple...until nitrogen gets involved. All ended well, and I certainly know how to read it now.)
It's a great little computer. Feel free to ask any other questions!
Claudette

Thanks a bunch HBDiveGirl, that makes sense now that you explain it. Not very clear in the manual. Glad to hear you like the Atmos 1, and thanks for the advise, will study up before I use it for the first time.

Helipilot:
Thanks a bunch HBDiveGirl, that makes sense now that you explain it. Not very clear in the manual. Glad to hear you like the Atmos 1, and thanks for the advise, will study up before I use it for the first time.
Have a great time when you take it down to play! Thankfully, the computer is far superior to the instruction manual....Happy I could help :D (Ain't ScubaBoard Wonderful??? Thanks, NetDoc!)
Claudette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom