Repairing hole in Eclipse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquarius

Reaction score
I just came back from the Philippines diving and doing my DIR-F (Man what an awesome diving destination),

(Hey jplacson how you doing...)

So I arrive home check my gear inflate my bcd and I hear a leak...AHHRRRR!!!

Somehow the inner tube of my Halcyon Eclipse was pinched and has a hole!! Is it able to be repaired or should I go and and buy a new inner tube, the outside shell of the bcd shows no sign of damage.

I would check with Halcyon directly first. They can let you know if you should send it to them or a dealer for repair, or they can offer the best tips for repair.

patch it like it's a tube. Bike patch or similar should be just fine, especially if it's just a pinhole. Unless it's a huge hole or tear, you won't need a new bladder.

bcsean:
patch it like it's a tube. Bike patch or similar should be just fine, especially if it's just a pinhole. Unless it's a huge hole or tear, you won't need a new bladder.

yes I agree ,
i had a hole and patched it like a bike tube , just buy it from a bike shop, patch still going well after 2 yrs.

If they are a urethane bladder like the OxyCheqs - just get a urethane repair kit. Shouldn't be a need to replace the entire bladder, but price one anyway. Is it still under warranty?

You mean “Halcyon Eclipse?” It must be new one having the double layers. What happened? If you plan to contact Halcyon directly, lease let us know how Halcyon solves your issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom