Need help with Bahamas diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caileon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,
Looking to book a week of diving in Bahamas in Sept. (yes I know hurricane season). I would like to do at least 1 day (2 tanks) at tiger beach. The rest of the time I can dive pretty much anywhere else. Any suggestions on where to stay and who to dive with. And what is the best order to do this.

Thanks
Eric

The only way (that I know of) to get out to Tiger Beach from shore is with the Cove's operation at Old Bahama Bay on Grand Bahama. IDK any details as I haven't been out there. Most people go to Tiger Beach on liveaboards from Florida.

Welcome to Stuart Cove's Newest Dive Operation at Old Bahama Bay Resort, West End, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas

Old Bahama Bay is pretty remote so you may want to drive out there early (it's about an hour) in the morning but stay in Freeport for other diving/non-dive stuff. UNEXSO (shark/dolphin dives) or Bell Channel Inn/Caribbean Divers might be options. Fred Riger at Grand Bahama Scuba also gets recommended often.

I went out last year in June, with Caribbean Divers. Had some great dives, they will pick you up at your hotel and store your gear, but be sure to take anything with you that you don't want to get wet. Even though it was hurricane season, luckily there were none then, but it did rain heavy every morning, but no dives got washed out and there were calm flat seas afterwards. If sharks are what you're looking for, I saw plenty at shark alley without paying the Stuart Cove price, or the shark feeding price with Unexco. I stayed at Island seas, but there are a lot of other nice resorts there, and time shares if you're willing to do the 2 hour presentation, you can get great discounts and gifts. The Bell Channel Inn doesn't have a beach, but the dive boat is docked there.

[video=youtube;Y8xRMi3OGxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8xRMi3OGxc[/video]

[video=youtube;MfxPZPyERLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfxPZPyERLo[/video]

Island Seas Resort on Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas Vacation, Freeport Bahamas, Bahamas Hotel

Taino Beach Resort & Clubs

Welcome | Bell Channel InnBell Channel Inn

Since the OP mentioned Tiger Beach, I'm guessing this is more likely what he had in mind:

courtesy of Becky Kagan Schott.

Since the OP mentioned Tiger Beach, I'm guessing this is more likely what he had in mind:

courtesy of Becky Kagan Schott.

I was letting the OP know that if it was just sharks he was interested in seeing that he could save money and get more dives in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom