getting wet again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimear

Reaction score
Hi I haven't been diving in while and I am now in a position to start again. I will be moving to Thailand in a few months and If i can't get time to dive there then shame on me. My number one question is : I have a NASDS certification is that still an acceptable cert. They seemed to be the big dawg on the block when I was certified in 1975 I don't seem to be able to find them on any search programs. Any one have thought or two.

As of May 1, 2003, the website for NASDS has been discontinued. Since SSI and NASDS merged in 1999, the need for the NASDS website has diminished, as all of the programs of SSI and NASDS have been fully merged into one company.
A refresher would not be a bad idea.

For local info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > Asia > General Asia.

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :)

Thanks for the quick replies. The last time I was diving was Jan. 01, I didn't have any problems with my NASDS card at the time. I am going to take a refresher course as I am going to get the latest and greatest gear. Can I go to an SSI shop and have my card updated???

Thanks I did go to the SSI website and found out the info I was looking for. I will now be heading into the forum and asking about diving in Thailand and the various shops around. Thanks again.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Glad to have you with us. Hope you go for the refresher course, then Aow....

:cowboy2: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom