Honey, I'm ho-ome!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, go ahead and say it..."big deal".

Just a quick report: Returned from the Gulf of Mexico this weekend (Flower Garden Banks east and west, and Stetson Banks--110 miles south of the Texas/Louisiana border), and it was a GREAT trip. The Gulf cooperated with absolutely terrific conditions. 1-2 foot seas, extremely mild currents, and 100+ ft vis. The big sea life (whale sharks, manta rays, turtles, etc...) seemed to be avoiding us, but the reefs and pinnacles were teeming with life. There was plenty to see, and we all had a great time, I believe. I took lots of pix (still pending), and my home-built underwater video housing got a great workout. What fun!
Captain Ken, my hat's off to you and the crew of the M/V Fling for a super time. We'll be back next summer too, if not sooner!
To everyone else, if you've never experienced the Flower Gardens/Stetson Banks National Marine Sanctuary, you really need to drop down there and see some unique diving. It's great (but then, I'm biased. I'm so enamored with the place I became a volunteer for the Marine Sanctuary several years ago.) Come see us!

Sounds Great, GUBA! I should look into that for next year!
Or for this year. Are the conditions doable around thanksgiving?
Taxgeek

TaxGeek,
Check out the website www.Gulf-diving.com The schedule page will list the dates that are accessible. Also, you might check out www.flowergarden.nos.noaa.gov which is the official website of the National Marine Sanctuary. Hope to see you onboard "out there" one of these days!

Thanks for the links!

Looks like the boats aren't run in November and December. Anyway, the schedules are blank for that period in 2006. Oh well. Maybe next spring/summer.

Taxgeek

I did the FG last Labor Day and it was awesome. Diving the platforms was a surreal experience that everyone should try at least once.

Back
Top Bottom