Mike's DIRF schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
There will be a series of at least three DIRF classes this season. The instructor will be Tyler Moon. Dates are June 27, 28 and 29 August 1, 2 and 3 and September 19, 20 and 21 Class cost is $300 plus instructor expenses split between the students. We are not adding anything on to the cost and we are not receiving any commission. The classes will most likely be conducted at Gilboa because it's the best diving but if it's more convenient for the students we may use Haigh quarry. PM me if interested in any of the dates.

Mike,

Good luck with your classes. Looks like the Midwest is a hotbed of DIR activity this summer.

Someone asked for info on doing a Triox class while Tyler is in town. Anyone else interested? If there is interest I'll see if it can be done.

I'll PM you my contact info

We've got a couple signed up for the September class so that one looks like a go. Plenty of spaces left in all of them still.

Mike,
From reading your other posts, I got the impression that you were not into the dir movement. Was just curious.

newdiverAZ once bubbled...
Mike,
From reading your other posts, I got the impression that you were not into the dir movement. Was just curious.

Good question. Sometimes I can't help but argue with some of the purists amoung us. I certainly don't claim to be "DIR". However I have dived a Hogarthian rig since before I ever heard of DIR and I see many things the same way. The few things I do have a different view on are irelevant to the diving that most divers do. I have dived with a couple of GUE trained divers recently one being SLJ on this board. To be honest I picked up a few pretty neat tricks and had some great dives. Aside from that I am convinced that team diving is the way to go and that it isn't generally taught very well. I believe that good solid skills are of the greatest importance for all divers and they aren't taught very well. I don't care for the casual approach many take toward deep diving gasses but reserve the right to argue about what constitutes too deep for what gas (within a few feet). At the same time I am the one around here who gets teased for diving mix when everyone else (accept my buddy) is diving air. I also have a bone to pick with many of the equipment manufacturers and the dive industry pros who help them push their junk off on divers who don't know any better. Well I could go on and on but it's something we want to do.

Did I answer your question?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom