Correlation between internet discussions and gear price hikes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't read too much into this thread... but has anyone noticed any price hikes at online retailers on specific pieces of equipment that have just been discussed/reviewed on ScubaBoard and other online discussions? I can think of two pieces of gear (a reel and a tank) that went up in price at one particular website within days of them being discussed here... makes you wonder if these retailers are cruising the boards, and then tailoring their prices in anticipation of demand!

Probably more common is a run on particular items at particular shops when hot prices are mentioned... and the shops in question probably wonder why they just received 10 different orders for the same piece of gear in one day, when they haven't sold any in a month!

Don't mind me, I'm just bummed my weekend diving fell through...

OTOH, many of us were b*tching online about Scubapro prices, and then SP reduced them last year.

Coincidence?

:wink:

...you would think then that they would bring out a larger sized JetFin, and start selling rebuild kits direct to the public :rolleyes:

figure out how to do air fills over the internet! :tease:

Just because we are paranoid, does not mean that they are not all out to get us!

Scubaroo wrote...
...someone would say the T-word.
:D

Hey, you should've had those metric-sized feet converted to imperial before coming over here anyway. Not our fault!

:wacko:

I'll see something online a million times at a certain price, then when I find a need for it and decide to buy one, it costs $20 more.

bob101 wrote...
Is there any gear place that is more trusted and cheaper than others?
Depends on what gear you're looking for. For general gear, Simplyscuba.com works for me. For technical gear, there are others.

Back
Top Bottom