Pictures/video of DIR demo at Gilboa May 31st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver

Contributor
Reaction score
For those interested, there are a few picture and a video clip of the DIR Demo given by Mike Kane and Scubaguys.com.

www.scubaguys.com

Go to the MHK's DIR Demo link after clicking thru the opening page.

detroit diver

Thanks for the link... I was wondering where Brandon and Scot put the clip. Are there any other clips on their site yet?

Nice seeing you again Saturday...

Seeing the pictures reminded me of something...I need to step up to the plate for MHK. There were comments made about him that were obviously formed by what individuals garnered off the internet. For those that have never met him I would recommend reserving comments about him (or anyone behind this movement)until you meet him (them). Saturday was the first time I had a chance to spend a little time with him and appreciated the time he gave me and especially the comments on how to improve a couple (minor) things (grin) especially with everything going on. I found him to be very genuine as well as very passionate about diving and helping improve the divers techniques. Taking the time to work with those that joined the group that were possibly not as familiar with the DIR concepts as others. I heard comments that reference him as a b*****d and a "mean person". I couldn't believe it. That was furthest from the truth! I have noticed this as a reoccuring trend towards DIR and many that are spearheading the concepts. My advise is to not form your impressions / opinions by what we all read on the various "boards" but to actually meet the people in person, then form your opinions.

This won't apply to many who read this but for those that have opinions formed on nothing more than assumptions...well...

Best Regards
Don

They had some trouble with their web host so I think they're a little leary of overloading the site right now. I think they will be moving hosts shortly and then will load more of the videos.

Your comments about MHK are right on. He really is a great guy and very open to showing people the ins and outs of DIR. And he puts up with more crap online than anyone should have to deal with. I guess it's the nature of the internet...

I hope to see you shortly back at Gilboa.

Dive safe,

Jack

dcostanza once bubbled...
detroit diver

Thanks for the link... I was wondering where Brandon and Scot put the clip. Are there any other clips on their site yet?

Nice seeing you again Saturday...

Seeing the pictures reminded me of something...I need to step up to the plate for MHK. There were comments made about him that were obviously formed by what individuals garnered off the internet. For those that have never met him I would recommend reserving comments about him (or anyone behind this movement)until you meet him (them). Saturday was the first time I had a chance to spend a little time with him and appreciated the time he gave me with and especially the comments conveyed with everything going on. I found him to be very genuine as well as very passionate about diving as well as about helping improve the divers techniques. Taking the time to work with those that were possibly not as familiar with the DIR concepts as others. I heard comments that reference him as a b*****d and a "mean person". I couldn't believe it. That was furthest from the truth! I have noticed this as a reoccuring trend towards DIR and many that are spearheading the concepts. My advise is to not form your impressions / opinions by what we all read on the various "boards" but to actually meet the people in person, then form your opinions.

This won't apply to many who read this but for those that have opinions formed on nothing more than assumptions...well...

Best Regards
Don

that's a pretty spiffy sign...you think he is going to bring that to KY next weekend? Man the time is getting close...I'm almost excited....almost

detroit diver
"some trouble with their web host so I think they're a little leary of overloading the site right now"
I see they are STILL not doing it right when it comes to their server. (inside joke for Brandon)

"I hope to see you shortly back at Gilboa"
When I'm not traveling I'm as much a fixture at Gilboa as the plane. There every weekend ... thinking about having my mail forwarded there:D .What are your plans this coming weekend?

Sorry to hear about the dive being blown out Sunday but from what I gathered, you and the group had a great time regardless! With who was with you, I would have been very surprised to hear otherwise.

Best Regards
Don

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
that's a pretty spiffy sign...you think he is going to bring that to KY next weekend? Man the time is getting close...I'm almost excited....almost

That sign is the Scubaguys sign. I'm not sure if they are teaching in Kentucky or not.

You should be excited. It's a phenomenal class, and you'll go away from there with all kinds of new information and skills.

Most of all, have fun!!

Dive safe,

Jack

The call came in Saturday nite that there were 10-15 foot waves! The charter operator called it off. Thank goodness! I don't think Dramamine would have saved that one...

It was nice that it got called early. The guys (MHK, Brando, Scot , and Bob) sat down to a nice dinner, and I joined them afterwards. We got a chance to talk much later than originally planned because we didn't have to get up at 5 am the next morning. Most of the guys slept in. MHK said it was the first Sunday off he's had in many months. Just a nice, relaxing morning.

What are you getting for errors or whatever at the scubaguys.com site?

dcostanza once bubbled...
detroit diver
"some trouble with their web host so I think they're a little leary of overloading the site right now"
I see they are STILL not doing it right when it comes to their server. (inside joke for Brandon)

"I hope to see you shortly back at Gilboa"
When I'm not traveling I'm as much a fixture at Gilboa as the plane. There every weekend ... thinking about having my mail forwarded there:D .What are your plans this coming weekend?

Sorry to hear about the dive being blown out Sunday but from what I gathered, you and the group had a great time regardless! With who was with you, I would have been very surprised to hear otherwise.

Best Regards
Don

detroit diver once bubbled...

You should be excited. It's a phenomenal class, and you'll go away from there with all kinds of new information and skills.

he he he....so will they :evil:

some of those frog kicks looked almost as bad as mine. makes me feel much better on a rainy day in new york.

docmartin once bubbled...
some of those frog kicks looked almost as bad as mine. makes me feel much better on a rainy day in new york.

Videoing the demo dive was intended to show people that maybe their skills could benefit from a Fundamentals course. The people in the foreground of the video do seem to need a bit of practice. The leader of the dive, Scot, is way in the background, over the top of the plane, and looks a lot better, to the extent you can even see him.

Back
Top Bottom