wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaguy

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hello eveyone,
I am looking for a wet suit and have a problem finding one that fits do to my hight and wieght. Iam 6'8" tall and have 32" waist, and all the suits i find that are the rite hieth are to big in the waist, and visa-versa, if anyone has this same problem and found and afordibal anser, let me know

Hi scubaguy

I had the opposite problem, i am a little fat guy. i had my suit custom made by excel in hawaii. they did a great job. it was more expensive than off the rack but the fit is well worth it. good luck

to get a custum fit do you need to be their in person or can you send in your measerments? Thanks for the info.

scubaguy

I have a rather large list of custom suit sites if you are interested. I'm 6'5" and 330 lbs so not exactly a rack fit. Custom is the way to go. I am fortunate that I only dive tropical and the 3xl Henderson microprene fits fine.

I was going to purchase a custom 7mm to do some local diving but have not ordered it yet.

I suggest that you give Carolyn at Liquid Fit a call. www.liquidfit.com I am going to be ordering a 3mm superstretch suit from her. I think that the pricing is quite reasonable....under $300.

Good luck in your search.

Before you buy a custom suit, look into the warranty and the "adjustment" policy.

I bought my suit from http://aquaflite.com/ Aquaflite. Fits great and they have always done rite by me. I now have two of their suites. I particularly like their warranty and alteration policy.

A custom fit suit is a great idea, my only piece of advice is, if at all possible, have the fitting done in person. When the time came to replace my old drysuit, I decided to go with a custom fit. I had the company making the suit send me a sheet listing all the measurements they needed, and carefully filled it all in. The result was a custom fit suit that was totally wrong...my old off-the-rack suit had fit much better.

I'm fully prepared to accept responsibility for getting the measurements wrong, but my point is...the people who make the suits will do so according to measurements done the way they are used to doing them; no matter how careful you are, you may do the measuring a bit different, resulting in a poor fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom