Dive Alert Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
dive alert has lost its noise producing ability. this is due to some hard water deposit from rinsing and/or light corrosion from the salt building onto the vibrating stainless diaphram.

see picture. need to remove the red horn opening.
Image for Ideations Surface & Underwater Air Horn Dive Alert Plus V.2 Type I

looks like it is just screwed in, however the problem is - finding the proper tool to safely remove the retainer without damaging it - to get access to the diaphram for cleaning.

any help is appreciated.

Do It Yourself - DIY

That's where DIY and home repair questions go.

But that red part is pressed in and not designed to be removed. It's probably the Schraeder valve on the other side that has crapped out.

These are not designed to be exposed to water from the supply side, amd should be kept attached to the LP inflator hose.

I just had similar problem, and a few minutes of blasting restored much of the sound. Ultrasonic cleaner, or soaking in salt removal solution might help. Won't know until I get back home and try.

vaguely recall screwing down / tighting down that red cap in the past cause it was loose. perhap it was just imagation.

beanojones did you bust a non working open to verify it actually snaps in and permanent? your comment above did not sound 101% sure.

if anyone did bust one open please do tell. otherwise i will bust this one open soon and will tell.

Back
Top Bottom