New Fins from Scubapro for Technical Diving, the S-Tek Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
New Fins from Scubapro for Technical Diving, the S-Tek Fin

The S-Tek Fin is a purpose-built, next-gen technical diving fin providing maximum power when you need it. Constructed of durable Monprene® for maximum durability and designed with an ultra-streamlined profile, the S-Tek Fin’s 30º pre-angled blade requires less deflection to achieve the desired angle of attack for an efficient kick. This allows for a stiffer blade without increasing drag, thereby reducing leg cramps and ankle strain while delivering unbeatable maneuverability and alternate kick performance. In particular, the S-Tek Fin excels in frog kicks, backward kicks and helicopter turns, plus produces a high-torque flutter kick.

◊ Clean Water Blade and Vented Blade design reduces drag and increases thrust.

◊ Hydra-Loop ramped and reinforced leading edge improves lateral rigidity for improved alternate kicks, plus creates a hydrofoil profile for better thrust.

◊ Removable Stainless Steel Weight Plate System lets you choose between a positively buoyant, neutrally buoyant, or negatively buoyant fin.

◊ The S-Tek Fin’s two-piece design, with blade and foot pocket molded separately, makes transport easy.

◊ Blade and foot pocket are molded separately with a durable Sure-Lock Connecting System that allows for easy assembly and disassembly.

◊ Open heel foot pocket features an upgraded heavy-duty bungee strap that allows for micro-adjustments to accommodate different boot types.

◊ The Complete Fin is available in black in 5 sizes (XS, S, M with Midi blades; L, XL with Maxi blades) and includes a Multi-Tool and 2 sets of Lock Plates, a Stainless Steel Weight System and a SCUBAPRO boat bag.

◊ The Blade Only is available in black in 2 sizes (Midi & Maxi) and includes a Multi- Tool and 1 set of Lock Plates, a Stainless Steel Weight System and a SCUBAPRO boat bag. BLADE AVAILABLE SUMMER 2023

◊ Compatible with Seawing Supernova foot pockets.

SizeXSSMLXL
Weight in kg2.002.202.302.502.70

SCUBAPRO S-Tek Fin

1684236443702.png

1684236485379.png

1684236518303.png

1684236564936.png

That thing is trippy!

What does this mean in this context please? I tried looking it up but the references all mention "LSD" :)

Looks a bit awkward for travel Burhan.

Looks a bit awkward for travel Burhan.

You can break it apart to make it much smaller for travel. Very easy to do actually. I have the "recreational" version and it is excellent. You can actually mix and match blades.

Biggest issue for technical IMHO is the bungee mount on the fin. Looks like it uses the same as the Go Sport, which is too fiddly for quick repairs. And no spring straps.

Looks like it uses the same as the Go Sport, which is too fiddly for quick repairs.
These bungees are sh!t, one of my instructor friends uses them and has to replace the straps annually on her Go Sport fins.

the plastic capture pins are ok for recreation dives. But if you have to push doubles, and stages, in cold water. It's a matter of time when a plastic pin holding a plastic buckle will give on a tec diving fins.

The shape is fine I guess, but I'd want a non dissasebleable (it think this is how its written) blade fin and metal hardware. Just slap regular spring straps from the jet fins and it would be much better.

The “other“ Super Nova fin is my go to, it’s really hard to imagine improved performance.

the bungee was to short for my feet so I just replaced it with my own using the SP attachment parts, no issue at all.

I have been trying to break the super nova and so far have not found any sign of wear or weakness.

SP should send me a pair of the “S” blades for my trip to curaçao in a few weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom