New Fins from Scubapro for Technical Diving, the S-Tek Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does this mean in this context please? I tried looking it up but the references all mention "LSD" :)
I mean with the down angle on the fins it looks easy to trip on little things on the back of a boat.

I'm not a fan of the blade angle, and gave up a pair of Tusa Switch with similar characteristics. I'm sure it's great for flutter kicks, but not technical diving. I don't think I can even flex my ankle enough to make the blade parallel with bent legs.

Seems like a travel oriented Nova trying to piggyback on the "tek"/cool bandwagon.

The angle is similar to the go sports.
And comapred to a straight stiff blade.. they not going to be good for back finning.

You need to adjust your finning. At least that's what I found with the go sports.

A nice stiff fin is all you need.
They should have made a hybrid with the new foot pocket and the straight stiff jer fin blade.

Monoprene is fine with me. And then they'll have a winning combo.

I mean with the down angle on the fins it looks easy to trip on little things on the back of a boat.
I like my fins for in water performance but I don’t boat dive much, when I do I put them on just before hitting the water.

the angle takes a load of stress off of the ankles and knees.

I first heard about these a few weeks ago and have been waiting to see them. I plan on purchasing a new set of fins before the end of the year and they will either be the Supernovas or these depending on the functionality.

I first heard about these a few weeks ago and have been waiting to see them. I plan on purchasing a new set of fins before the end of the year and they will either be the Supernovas or these depending on the functionality.

If I understand it correctly, you can buy the Supernovas now and then buy the new S blades later and they will cross fit I think.

You could think about diving in a moccasin mate western users tend to shuffle, and order a sedan chair

If I understand it correctly, you can buy the Supernovas now and then buy the new S blades later and they will cross fit I think.
My assumption/speculation is that this is the case but I didn’t hear him say so in the vid.

My assumption/speculation is that this is the case but I didn’t hear him say so in the vid.

Check this:
◊ The Blade Only is available in black in 2 sizes (Midi & Maxi) and includes a Multi- Tool and 1 set of Lock Plates, a Stainless Steel Weight System and a SCUBAPRO boat bag. BLADE AVAILABLE SUMMER 2023

◊ Compatible with Seawing Supernova foot pockets.

I get how the 30 degree angle would help flutter kick propulsion on the down stroke but it seems that steep an angle would actually be counterproductive on the up stroke.

Back
Top Bottom