New Fins from Scubapro for Technical Diving, the S-Tek Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nah, open heel, just jam yer foot in there, it'll be fine!
Just wear golf shoes will work, maybe hard to remove after the dive…

the super nova is an excellent fin, if you ever get a chance to try a pair you should.

I'm not a fan of the blade angle, and gave up a pair of Tusa Switch with similar characteristics. I'm sure it's great for flutter kicks, but not technical diving. I don't think I can even flex my ankle enough to make the blade parallel with bent legs.

Seems like a travel oriented Nova trying to piggyback on the "tek"/cool bandwagon.

The “other“ Super Nova fin is my go to, it’s really hard to imagine improved performance.

the bungee was to short for my feet so I just replaced it with my own using the SP attachment parts, no issue at all.

I have been trying to break the super nova and so far have not found any sign of wear or weakness.

SP should send me a pair of the “S” blades for my trip to curaçao in a few weeks.

Too many fins to test, too little time my friend :)

Too many fins to test, too little time my friend :)
Now that my pool is warming I test every day especially for the warm water trip, the super nova are a go, my recons have been bumped out of contention as back up by Sherwood Triton pro, next I’ll try the regular Triton and GoSport :wink:

i would like to try these S fins parts, probably will at some point but so far this is the only place they are mentioned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom