Info Scubapro brings out colored blades and foot pockets for their SuperNova and S-Tek Seawing Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently bought some white full foot pockets for my black Supernovas. Funky colour set up for snorkeling or warm water diving. I got XL size to match my XL fins (and feet!) and they are pretty tight to the point of being uncomfortable and hurting the top of my feet. I have us12 wide feet, sometimes wear us13 for some brands of shoes. Hoping they will softe a bit over time as the rubber is quite stiff and the opening edge is quite sharp rather than rounded.

I recently bought some white full foot pockets for my black Supernovas. Funky colour set up for snorkeling or warm water diving. I got XL size to match my XL fins (and feet!) and they are pretty tight to the point of being uncomfortable and hurting the top of my feet. I have us12 wide feet, sometimes wear us13 for some brands of shoes. Hoping they will softe a bit over time as the rubber is quite stiff and the opening edge is quite sharp rather than rounded.

Do you use the open heel footpockts in XL? How do they fit you?

Do you use the open heel footpockts in XL? How do they fit you?
Yep, open heel XL sized with 5mm boots which fit really well and are quite comfortable. I did need to put the bungee straps to the outer most position otherwise they were a bit too tight.

Yep, open heel XL sized with 5mm boots which fit really well and are quite comfortable. I did need to put the bungee straps to the outer most position otherwise they were a bit too tight.

But the XL full foot pockets are too tight?

I did need to put the bungee straps to the outer most position otherwise they were a bit too tight.
@lexvil changed the bungee straps on his super novas, check for his posts on how to do it.

But the XL full foot pockets are too tight?

@lexvil changed the bungee straps on his super novas, check for his posts on how to do it.
The full foot XL pockets are too tight, the open heel are fine after I changed the bungee strap positions to the outer hole. Open heel = fine, full foot = tight.

Anything with sequins for formal night dives?

In conjunction with your aforementioned “harness” accessories?
are you referring to my big blue H nipple pasties?

I'm afraid to use the name for legal purposes.

are you referring to my Halcyon nipple pasties?
Obviously, you may have to do some at home bedazzling to the fins to meet you “fashion” statement, SP is pretty stodgy in the “NY fashion” department.

I’ve used my Supernovas with full foot pocket now on about 10 dives, a bunch of snorkelling and even as bodyboarding fins. This weekend while assisting on OW confined dives I tried spraying some defog into the foot pockets to make them easier to get on. That worked but they were still tight and after many hours in the pool the inside of my heel was a bit cut up. I think that’s enough of these fins now for me to I’m going to move them on. They’re pretty good for frog kick and back kick, I like them mostly. Going to stick with my True-fins and get some low cost full pockets for pool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom