Info Scubapro brings out colored blades and foot pockets for their SuperNova and S-Tek Seawing Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they can make S-Tek blades in orange, they should make orange foot-pockets too. (And Orange SuperNova blades for @lexvil )

If they can make S-Tek blades in orange, they should make orange foot-pockets too. (And Orange SuperNova blades for @lexvil )
They should indeed yet SP seems to delite in not doing things I want :wink:

but I like to play with stuff when the weather keeps me from diving…
IMG_9065.jpeg

Cool light mount!

For a moment, I thought you custom colored the pockets. :eek:
Hydros color kits, SP never suspected I would mod a hydros weight pouch for the S Tek (they do make the fluid form for the S Tek but I got a hydros set for $30.

Hydros color kits, SP never suspected I would mod a hydros weight pouch for the S Tek (they do make the fluid form for the S Tek but I got a hydros set for $30.

I keep going back and forth if I want to move my hydros pockets over to the s-tek or not. I just picked the s-tek up and won't get to dive with it until April on a trip. I'm not a technical diver, I just needed a bit more customizable/fitable system over the hydros (i'm 6'7" and 250lbs, just felt like the hydros was fitting me awkward for some reason......or well I used it as an excuse to buy a new toy).

I was just going to get some diverite pockets to toss on the belt - the 12lbs ones to make sure I'd have the ability to have enough weight but I'm not against moving the hydros pockets.

I keep going back and forth if I want to move my hydros pockets over to the s-tek or not. I just picked the s-tek up and won't get to dive with it until April on a trip. I'm not a technical diver, I just needed a bit more customizable/fitable system over the hydros (i'm 6'7" and 250lbs, just felt like the hydros was fitting me awkward for some reason......or well I used it as an excuse to buy a new toy).

I was just going to get some diverite pockets to toss on the belt - the 12lbs ones to make sure I'd have the ability to have enough weight but I'm not against moving the hydros pockets.
The hydros pockets are a one way trip because you will need to cut off the existing waist belt part, your hydros will be harder to sell, if you decide to sell it, without the weight pockets.

for me and possibly you, I find the S webbing way to floppy for drysuit cold diving so I’ve switched to medium stiff webbing, added my T bars to better distribute the weight and a chest strap because the hog style one piece webbing just doesn’t work on me, 6’5” 225lb big chest that just doesn’t work with the dogma divers.

Do you want/need to have removable inner weight carriers in the pockets?

Personally, I prefer to have directly dumpable pockets with no inner weight carriers. They have much less bulk and travel weight and I mount mine back up against the plate so they take up minimal belt space.

I like the 20lb Zeagle Zip-Touch or Rear-Weight pockets. (Rear-Weights get a holes poke in the Velcro tabs to fasten them to the plate for stability - more work but more flexibility in alignment)

Rear_Weight_System__97925.1367862827.500.750.jpg

Zip_Touch_zeagle_weight_system.__15686.1367863927.500.750.jpg

The hydros pockets are a one way trip because you will need to cut off the existing waist belt part, your hydros will be harder to sell, if you decide to sell it, without the weight pockets.

for me and possibly you, I find the S webbing way to floppy for drysuit cold diving so I’ve switched to medium stiff webbing, added my T bars to better distribute the weight and a chest strap because the hog style one piece webbing just doesn’t work on me, 6’5” 225lb big chest that just doesn’t work with the dogma divers.

Thanks for the info! I'm not a fan of the swebbing, but I'm also only going to be using it in warmer waters....was going to give it a shot first. I sold my drysuit over 10yrs ago :), I don't think i'll ever get back into it as I'm a sissy these days. Thats good info on the one way trip on the hydros pockets, I may end up selling it...I hadn't really looked at them yet to see.

@-JD- - here is where I was leaning, it provides 12lbs and I'm not sure that I'll even need it. I'll be using this setup for the first time in Philippines so I was considering getting these to be on the safe side. I typically wear 12-14 in lead (i stay on the heavy side), and between the ss plate + 4x trim pockets mounted on the plate......I think i'll be good but I thought it may be a good ideal to have these just in case since it will also be the first time diving with it.

1704813796357.png

I didn't mean to hijack the thread but I saw lexvil's setup :D

Maybe we should move this out of the fin section??

the Zeagle pouches are really nice, I’ve used those but presently I’m trying to get the center of gravity a bit lower, these “fluid form“ type pouches seem to put the weight in the right spot for me. I also have used the HOG top load pouches and like them but I wanted to try the hydros type color stuff and the different mounting system.

Back
Top Bottom