The last dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwardjohnson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So let's assume that tomorrow the world ends, like poof, gone, everybody dies, go to heaven or whatever. And you know it's gonna happen. Some of you will probably want to go see your family, do things you´ve never done before, cry, run naked, crossdress...

But the question is where would you want to dive your last dive, or dives (let´s limit to 10 since you won't have tomorrow anyways) and why? Forget transportation constraints (no long boat rides needed, no planes to take) as if you can just teleport (and no off diving time before teleportation)

I would be down diving the Blue hole in Belize for some relaxing moments, Thislegorm in the Red Sea for some nostalgia, some barrier reef in Australia simply for the life there. I'd stop there to remember these dives deeply afterwards.

If your dive computer goes out or gets lost(today), I'd not worry about getting a QUICK replacement.:)----&----forget all your training you've learned over the years, who cares if you bust 'it'........:)

Galapagos or caving in mexico

Well if the world is ending I'll go swim cageless with great whites. Nothing to lose :)

I would probably look for a way to sneak into Wakulla Springs with my doubles, all of my stages and see how far I can get using 100% of my gas for penetration.

...there is no chance that the end of the world theory was a mistake, right?

A Cozumel wall, and on the last dive of the day, descend to about 150, turn away from the wall, and head out into the blue, with no fear of consequences as the world is ending anyway. And my wife Debbie would be my buddy on the dive.
DivemasterDennis

I'd dive the outer reef at Rangiroa, then drift the reefs at Puerto Galena. I'd say goodbye to the mantas in the Socorros, and then spend the rest of the time in the caves in Mexico.

I would probably look for a way to sneak into Wakulla Springs with my doubles, all of my stages and see how far I can get using 100% of my gas for penetration.

...there is no chance that the end of the world theory was a mistake, right?
While it would be great to not worry about deco or gas supply, I'm not sure the end is how I would want to go. Drowning isn't the most peaceful or quick way to go.

Back
Top Bottom