HELP!!! Diving Related Research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amaze

Registered
Reaction score
As a part of a Florida research project, a diver research panel is being created from ScubaBoard membership. The purpose of the panel is to develop a set of statistically representative research participants who are willing to complete surveys about diving related issues.
The link below is an example survey and will be used to produce a diver statistical profile and identify those interested in panel participation. Please click on it and complete the survey about your diving interests, preferences, and other demographics. Your responses will only be used in aggregate and none of your individual information will be provided to any third party. The survey takes under 15 minutes to complete and at the end you will be provided with the opportunity to indicate whether or not you wish to participate in the diver research panel.
The initial survey that will be sent to the panel is for a research project in Florida where the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has contracted with us to measure the economic value of the artificial reef system that it manages. Results will be used in a public policy process about how resources are allocated in Florida. Future surveys will concern other issues that are of concern and interest to divers.
We are a group of university researchers (and divers) located in Florida and North Carolina.
Thanks for helping with this project and dive safe.

Here is the link to a Qualtrics survey: https://uwfta.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1zczEYvjfH5k0aV

Does your group have a name?

There aren't any lionfish up here (too cold I guess), so I answered appropriately.

Interesting survey, including the social/economic/political questions.

---------- Post added May 8th, 2014 at 03:40 PM ----------

Interesting survey, including the social/economic/political questions.

Thanks we are trying to get an accurate profile for representative sampling from the panel.

---------- Post added May 8th, 2014 at 03:42 PM ----------

---------- Post added May 8th, 2014 at 03:48 PM ----------

Does your group have a name?

University of West Florida and Appalachian State University

---------- Post added May 8th, 2014 at 03:49 PM ----------

There aren't any lionfish up here (too cold I guess), so I answered appropriately.
Yes temp is a range limiting factor. They are mainly from the Carolinas down the East Coast and into the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean.

Reactions: Doc
These guys are on the level, so please take a few minutes and do the survey! We need all the help we can get and surveys like this give us an accurate picture of what's happening in our world. I believe in this so much, I am going to sticky the thread for a few weeks!

Took the survey...too easy.

And if you are ever in the Keys I encourage you to try the Lion Fish Sandwich at Daze Inn.
Kills two birds with one stone...finds a useful use for a Lion Fish in Florida and feeds the hunger with a tasty meal :yeahbaby:

I answered the poll to the best of my abilities, and I've got a couple of comments:

I didn't answer the questions on income and spending. I'm not particularly keen on sharing my income level with random strangers - including pollsters and market researchers. Besides, the differences in cost levels between countries would probably skew the statistics.

Re. the political question, a "somewhat conservative" Euro would probably be a "strongly liberal" USian.

And the questions on diving practice were also kinda US-centric.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Took the survey...too easy.

And if you are ever in the Keys I encourage you to try the Lion Fish Sandwich at Daze Inn.
Kills two birds with one stone...finds a useful use for a Lion Fish in Florida and feeds the hunger with a tasty meal :yeahbaby:

They are tasty I had them grilled in Key Largo. There's a group of divers up here in Pensacola that are spearing them and then selling them to the Florabama...a color full place right on the Gulf at the Florida Alabama line where they are served up to locals and tourist. We are also building a survey to measure consumer willingness to pay a premium for a lionfish meal given their consumption is helping to offset an invasive. We are also creating a panel for people who fish in florida so if you have a saltwater fishing license you will be getting an email from us in the near future.

---------- Post added May 9th, 2014 at 07:53 AM ----------

I answered the poll to the best of my abilities, and I've got a couple of comments:

I didn't answer the questions on income and spending. I'm not particularly keen on sharing my income level with random strangers - including pollsters and market researchers. Besides, the differences in cost levels between countries would probably skew the statistics.

Re. the political question, a "somewhat conservative" Euro would probably be a "strongly liberal" USian.

And the questions on diving practice were also kinda US-centric.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Yes sorry for the US orientation we are intending to globalize this in the future. I also understand about your hesitancy on the income question. We must ask because when estimating consumer demand for a product after price, income is usually the most important predictive variable. You are, of course always free not to answer as a part of our informed consent policy.

Back
Top Bottom