WTB Dive Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dnaber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
5atm?
No way.
That is a snorkel watch
It might be good to 180' a few times, but then it will flood at 1atm.
I know from experience.

I would reccommend the Freestyle Watch offerings.
VERY good bang for the buck.

I am a big St. Moritz/Momentum fan.
They are from Vancouver, and provide MAJOR bang for the buck.
But I do not think they hit your $100 price point in digital.

Also,
Casio G-Shocks are a great idea.
As are the Timex Sport Watches.
Just try to get something rated for 200m or better.

Chug
Cheap dive watch afficionado.

Last edited:
I've been using a watch from the Timex "Sports 1440" series for the last 4 years. They run $15-20 on Amazon. It's rated 'water-resistant' to 50m; I've taken mine down to 35m without a problem. And if it floods out someday...well, it was a $15 watch.

I would suggest a G Shock watch, they are very durable and should have the features you want. The one I use states water proof to 200/300 Meters, not sure if they are all the same.

Last edited:
Another vote for the Casio G SHOCK. I have had a couple of them and they are almost indestructible. The bands tend to get stiff and crack at the buckle after 3 or 4 years. I have worn them 24/7 for years and abused the hell out of them. The last one I had, DW 5600E, just died when I tried to replace battery last week. I will probably wait to see what shows up for my birthday or Christmas other wise I'll spend the $50 bucks at Target and wear it until the battery dies in 2 - 4 years.

Just get a G Shock or Timex Ironman. The Timex is cheap, works fine and when lost will set you back $35 at Walmart.

Most people who wear a watch for diving use an analog watch with a one way ratchet bezel.

N

Back
Top Bottom