ready to go back to Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LynnB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking of heading back to Roatan end of July or middle of August. Any thoughts on weather differences. Last year we were there around the middle of June.
Really thinking of doing an all inclusive with unlimited diving and looking into Fantasy Inn.
Anyone heading there either July 24th or august 14th.
thanks
Lynn

Averages from a SEVEN-YEAR PERIOD

Month.... Average Temp... Average inches of rain... Average rainy days
January......76.9.........................12.18............................13
February.....78.6..........................3.52..............................8
March.........80.6..........................2.66..............................4
April...........82.0.............................9.6.............................3
May............83.4..........................2.11.............................4
June...........84.4...........................2.22.............................5
July............84.4...........................6.35.............................11
August........84.4...........................5.21.............................11
September...85.0..........................4.99..............................7
October.......82.4...........................14.97............................14
November....79.1...........................19.89............................18
December....78.0............................14.26...........................16

Really thinking of doing an all inclusive with unlimited diving and looking into Fantasy Inn.

Lynn, that would be "Fantasy Island". There is no Fantasy Inn (that I know of):idk:

Haha... I meant Fantasy Island.... there used to be a hotel in Lake Tahoe when I lived there called Fantasy Inn....guess my head went there for a minute.. LOL

If I'd been fortunate enough to live in Lake Tahoe my head would go there too :D:D:D

so any thoughts on Fantasy ISLAND!!! haha

I'm full of information about Fantasy Island...and will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Just send me a PM - don't want to bore everyone!

But my biggest suggestion is JUST GO! It's the best deal I've ever seen, and even though we are diving our way around the world, Fantasy Island is the place we always want to come back to...you can't go wrong :D

I'm full of information about Fantasy Island...and will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Just send me a PM - don't want to bore everyone!

Noooooo!

If you're going to write, do it so everyone can better understand what you might know.

Do it on open forum- so much more useful for all !

Fantasy Island pics at http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd106/Doc_Adelman/Fantasy Island Roatan/

Not this one, though:

Picture8-1.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_Plaines,_Illinois <- Tattoo's home town

Lynn, lots of folks have posted their various opinions on Fantasy Island. I was there May 22-29. I posted a trip report in this forum. I know there are some others who have been recently as well. My abbreviated opinion is the same as CajunDiva's: GO! You will love it! :D

And when you get back, dont forget to tell us all about it!

SS

Noooooo!

If you're going to write, do it so everyone can better understand what you might know.

OK RoatanMan...you just can't stand to miss out on ANYTHING:D:rofl3::D

And Lynn...regarding your original question, I'd vote for July. But that's because I live in South Louisiana and hurricane season really heats up in August. I don't like to plan trips away from home during August and September because that is the most likely time we'd deal with an incoming storm, and we need to be home for any necessary storm preparation. Roatan is generally out of the "hurricane belt" and storms are much more rare there, so that probably shouldn't figure into your decision.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom