Sorobon Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This may be old news but it was a surprise to me so I will share it in case others may be interested. I just saw an article about "Caribbean Resorts that cost less than $200 per night" and I was surprised to see Sorobon Beach in Bonaire listed.

My first thought was "yeah, but you have to be a naturist (nudist) to go there and the place looks kind of decrepit anyway!" But I was surprised to see that everybody was wearing clothes in the pictures and the resort looked nice!

I checked it out and the resort was purchased and refurbished a few years ago and it is now "clothing mandatory". I'm surprised that they didn't change the name when they reopened to signify the changes.

Of course it is far, far away from most of Bonaire's dive sites but it is on a beautiful beach, and Bonaire doesn't have a lot of beach. Anyway, it's something to think about if you also like beach and windsurfing - or if you are traveling with non-diving family that are fans of the beach.

It's actually not overly far from the southern dive sites either - there's a road (Kaya Rudolph something Eps) from there that ends at EEG Blvd well south of the airport - might be dirt though. Just south on EEG is Buddy Dive at Belmar or Wannadive at Windsock beach for tanks etc..assuming Sorobon doesn't have someone on-site. Buddy often has a boat at Belmar which is even more convenient than Dive Friends at Port Bonaire.

Your are also on the road to the bay for the east side dive boat. And if you are a diver with non-diving family or friends, you are on the doorstep of the kayak tours and the board sailing and some pleasant beaches. The southern beaches are not terribly far.

Back
Top Bottom