Book Review -- "Becoming a Scuba Diver" by Conrad Blickenstorfer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VicScubaVentures

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had the pleasure of meeting the author (Conrad Blickenstorfer) during a trip to CoCo View on the Honduran island of Roatan. He hadn't written the book yet, but his love of scuba was apparent. When I heard that he'd written his book, I picked up a copy from Amazon.com. I have no financial or other interest in promoting Conrad's book apart from passing along a good read written by a fellow diver who happens to be a talented writer and all-round nice guy.

Here's a LINK to the Amazon.com page.

Cheers,
C.

Saying why you consider it a good read would have been more informative.

Saying why you consider it a good read would have been more informative.

Here's my review that I posted to Amazon after reading the book ...

"An easy to read, not too technical yet not too simplified series of short essays following the author's journey through his discovery of SCUBA diving and its related joys and challenges. Readers who are already divers will appreciate re-living training courses, gear purchases, expanding horizons, and living vicariously visiting new dive sites and foreign destinations. Not-yet-diver readers will get a bird's eye view into the adventures that is SCUBA diving without jumping head-first into the depths of "diver-speak" or wading through chapter-upon-chapter of testosterone fueled wreck diving in zero visibility surrounded by man-eating sharks.

I found myself smiling through every well written essay (chapter). This should be on the reading list for all current divers, and on the gift list for those who know someone considering taking up SCUBA. Conrad has made this an easy book to recommend."

Hope this helps.

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom