The Books Every New Scuba Diver Needs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@calevans Thanks for the book tips. I enjoyed Scuba Confidential by Simon Pridmore and Bahamas Bucket List for Divers by Nathan Riley. Next, I will get a few mentioned in your post, starting with Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson. The U-352 trip with Olympus Dive Center is on my list.

I'll agree with the Reef set.

But what makes your book indispensable? I'm always a little skeptical about self-promotions like this.

Edit - I just noticed it's in Kindle Unlimited. I will read it and report back.

But what makes your book indispensable? I'm always a little skeptical about self-promotions like this.
It's strictly for new scuba divers. It explains a lot of things that I wish people had told me when I was a new diver.

It's a combination of lessons I've learned over the years and answers I've given to my students when they have questions.

While I sell a few on Amazon (and yes, it's included on the list partly for self-promotion) the majority of copies out there have been me giving an ecopy to my students. I think the info is that important.

Cheers! :)
=C=

@calevans

How does your book compare to the books authored by @Jim Lapenta? I see those as the most useful for people interested in diving or just starting out in diving with the focus on skills and finding quality instructors.

It's a tough crowd. Good luck.
LOL, kind of expected when someone has been here for less than 3 weeks and all but one comment is self-promotion. No one knows who this guy is yet he's selling a book, he states on his website "A new scuba diver's best resource for information", shows a diver with a messed up snorkel, has no knowledge of Lapenta's book (if I was writing a book, I'd scour everything out there), etc..

I don't know about you, but all this doesn't ooze credibility.

Don't mean to pιss in your cornflakes @calevans but SB can be a rough place if claims are not backed up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom