canon wp-v2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris196

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know what the advantage are for a wp-v2 and the cameras it supports versus the wp-v1 and it's cameras?

Is the underwater mode different/enhanced on these cameras?

can you now do manual white balance?

any other insights.

is the wp-v2 actually available yet?

Thanks

It looks like exactly the same housing except it's designed for three models of their newer cameras. Canon HF-M30, 31 & 300.

I don't know.

Not sure what this means:
With the advanced "Underwater" and "Surface" modes of the compatible camcorders, you will have at hand the optimal white balance setting to capture true color underwater and on the surface while shooting with the WP-V2 Waterproof Case.
I think it's an either/or choice you make before sealing the camera in the housing. Without access to the joystick on the side of the LCD, I don't see how you can change it. But the sum of my experience with a WP-V1 is about an hour the other night in my buddy's kitchen.

Doesn't appear like it.

Seems like they make a point of mentioning that it focuses closer now. That was a point of contention discussed in the WP-V1 thread earlier.

Looks like it, B&H is selling it for $499.

Canon WP-V2 Waterproof Case

exactly the same just different model cams!

I wish they would make the remote waterproof, then we could do man white balance!
Underwater mode sucks!!:depressed:

They do make mention of 5cm, interesting:popcorn: I can feel a firmware upgrade coming!!!!:idk:

I played with an M30 in the store yesterday.
I couldn't find the underwater or surface modes.
But, I'm unfamiliar with Canon and camcorders in general.
I do know my way around a digital camera.

Does anyone know if an HF200 will fit in the new WP-V2? I am having a really hard time finding a WP-V1 and I leave on a big kayak trip in a couple weeks and I NEED an underwater housing! BH is sold out.:(:idk:

I took a chance and bough the WP-V2. Luckily, it fits the HF200. It's not a perfect fit and you have to modify the mounting plate, but it fits, with the large BP 918 battery too. I will stuff some cloth down one side to make it snug. This is great, as I can also now use a HF M300 or similar camcorder in it if needed!

Thanks for posting the info Mark!:D Do you think a M300 would fit wp-v1?
I wouldn't put to much cloth in there, the heat will build up like you had wrapped your camera in a blanket. Maybe a couple of thin bits of foam or rubber might be better!
Have a good trip!

Yes it turns out I don't need the cloth. It still wiggles a bit, and it's tight, but it works. What I actually want to do is add a mic jack because I will primarily be using it for rain and kayaking and shallow snorkeling. I think I will get a jack and drill a hole in the corner where it is strongest and seal it up with some sort of epoxy. I'll have to see what the local electronics store has.

The HF M300 is longer than the HF 200 so I am not sure if it will be backwards compatible. But they make the housings to accept the larger BP 819 battery , so I imagine at worst you would be forced to use the smaller battery so it doesn't stick out so far.

Hi
I recently bought hf 200 and was going to buy wp-v1.
Since they have stop manufacturing wp-v1, should i buy wp-v2 and try to use it with hf200 or should i try to find me a wp-v1.

Is it possible to use all the accessories for wp-v2 for wp-v1?

Back
Top Bottom