New 10m camera from Canon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The D10 has been announced and looks like fun! Not for diving as it's only rated to 10m but maybe a super snorkelling, beach and all round rough and tumble camera.

I'll be interested to hear more about it - I'd get one, but the $329 tag puts me off right now!

Cute. Looks like a good kick around camera from a brand I trust.

This is the kind of camera I'd like to house because a partial flood shouldn't ruin it!

Alcina -- I'm sure you are correct re the housing. If I could only get my dSLR to be "waterproof" then I'd be much more willing to house it!

Looks like a fun little snap shooter, finally serious competition for Oly on the live in the real world camera front. Now, something a little more sophisticated please.

Of course, there is this:

Golden Shellback | Splash Proof Coatings

I like the little Canon, I like my little Canon 570s too but outside of their housings, in the real world, they would live about 5 seconds.

N

Now someone needs to come out with a new digital nikonos style slr....

I like the little Canon, I like my little Canon 570s too but outside of their housings, in the real world, they would live about 5 seconds.

N

Actually my Canon A series cameras have taken enormous beatings in their stay in my care. They routinely get tumbled out of cars onto pavement, knocked onto the floor, bashed into the sand, slobbered on by the hounds...I don't mistreat them, they just get used in my every day life.

So far, knock wood, nothing has stopped them.

I do take the Oly to the beach more often than the Canon As simply because I know I like to stick it under the water sometimes, I know that eventually the dogs will knock the camera into the sand/water's edge one too many times for the poor non-weather sealed Canon and it fits into my pocket better :) Still think the image quality is way lower than the Canon, but all life's a tradeoff :D

I'm always amazed at how rugged the little A and SD series are...

You must live on another planet from me but then I burn through PDAs, cell phones, plastic cameras and other stuff pretty fast too. One drop of water in the wrong place and those 570s are dead. Mine never go out without being surrounded by acrylic because I don't want to own two expensive (to me) housings for cameras that are DOA.

To bad Canon will not give us a 570 like shooter but with the weather proofing of the new 10D, then you are cooking with gas. Hoping this is a new trend in cameras. I have stood on top of a mountain in freezing ran and near 80 MPH wind with Nikon FEII and took pictures with no problems while running from griz, all of these electronic cameras are not weather sealed and unlike the old mechanical cameras, electronics do not like being wet.

Just never made sense to me to own 450 dollars of housings and then trash the camera taking birthday and doggie snaps and then what do you do with the worthless housings? But, some people will go to any expense to save a dollar.

DSCF0003-5.jpg

N

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom