Canon S95 Underwater Footage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gujustud

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After 3.5 months on the road backpacking with my wife, and trying to find some time to edit a small clip during the busy wedding season (we're wedding photographers), I finally put this montage together from some of the diving with did.

Everything is shot on a Canon S95 in a Recsea housing. No external macro lens or wide angle was used. In all i'm pretty impressed with this little camera. We'll be taking off again for another 3 months at the end of this year, and I'm hoping to get a wide angle for it.

SCUBA :: indonesiaPALAUphilippines on Vimeo

our travel blog // http://asphoto.ca/travel

If you search up S95 on my blog you'll find a number of photos I've taken with the Recsea (once I got the S&S YS-01 it was a whole other ball game).

I posted a lot of information on the link to Vimeo about my setup, and a little on the shooting. Is there anything in specific?

I thought the video was amazingly edited. I just had a question.

In the information under the video, you mentioned that the RecSea housing was smaller than the other ones. Do you think you could operate the housing well using thicker gloves, for example when diving in a drysuit?

Thanks everyone for your comments! Greatly appreciated!

Scuba_Noob: I've never done drysuit diving, so I'm not sure how thick the gloves would be. I guess it really depends if you'll be shooting in manual or not. Anytime I shot photo, I was shooting in full manual (so I could shoot in raw) so being able to control most of the buttons was extremely useful. If your not shooting photo, and most likely shooting auto, then I would say it wouldn't be a problem.

Hey Gujustud,

I enjoyed the video, nice job! I'm not happy with my SeaLife rig, so I'm saving up my pennies for a S95 with either the RecSea or Fix housing.

Hey, I noticed you live in BC also! :cool2:

I have done a fair amount of diving in South East Asia also, but since you are also a scuba addict, you got to try the local diving around here! It's awesome! It takes a while to get used to a drysuit, but once you get the hang of it, you will like it just as much as tropical! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom