Early morning snorkeling at stingray city

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matrixed82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be spending one night in Grand Cayman on my way to Little Cayman and I was looking for recommendations on a dive shop or tour operator that offer early morning snorkel trips to stingray city.

My flight to Little Cayman is at 5pm so I have plenty of time but I want to try to get out on the water before the crowds show up. Fortunately there does not seem to be any cruise ships on that day so that should help. Lots of the tours I found leave at around 9 or 10 am. I really want to maximize my time in the water with the rays.

Thanks in advance!

If there are no cruise ships in harbour there will be few stingray city boats going out. I don't know anyone who leaves before 9 or 10 AM. I suspect the only way to do what you want is to charter a boat.

We were looking for something similar..(heading there early March) and it looks like Ocean Frontiers offers an early trip out at 630am and returns by 9am.

Stingray

Only on Friday.

Thanks for the info.

We had thought about chartering a boat but we're only two so it might be expensive. With a group it would be better but we'll miss you by a month Canuckfish; we will be there on April 17. I bet you're looking forward to the warm waters, Morrison quarry is quite chilly this time of year (I'm from Ottawa too).

I will follow up with Ocean Frontiers, red sail and white sand sports and see what they have to offer. That dawn trip from 6:30 till 9 seems perfect. We may even have time to squeeze in another trip before our flight :D

We will be there on a Friday so that might work.

White Sand leaves from Kaibo Yacht Club by Rum Point. Sting Ray City : White Sand Water Sports

Actually so does the Ocean Frontiers trip...Ocean Frontiers - Stingray City

To get there from the west side I'm pretty sure you'd have to rent a car and drive almost an hour completely around Grand Cayman - Kaibo is in the Rum Point area.

Early Morning with the Stingray's in Grand Cayman with Paradise Sailing and Snorkeling | Stingray City Tours, boat trips, excursions, Grand Cayman. leaves from the Camana Bay marina on the west side. They sail at 7:30. Most of the cruise excursions are 9-9:30..

If you're staying at an SMB hotel all are within a couple miles. Comfort Suites is almost straight across from there on the West Side. The Marriott is equally close since it's north of Comfort Suites. Cayman isn't very wide in that area so it can't be more than a mile.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom