Costa Rica (Dominical) Dive Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UCFKnightDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm visiting Dominical Costa Rica in early August and was wondering if anyone can suggest dive Op's I've found a few through old posts but was wondering if anyone could comment on their experiences with them or suggest others as well. Thinking of diving Isla Del Cano (Cano Island)

I found Southern Expeditions in Costa Rica
Costa Rica Tours & Vacations
But from someones report it sounds like their dive operation isn't too super

I found Costa Rica Dive and Surf
http://www.costaricadiveandsurf.com/
But don't know a whole lot about them at all as there doesn't seem to be any reviews

I found Mad About Diving in Uvita
Mad About Diving Costa Rica | The top local scuba diving centre in the Southern Pacific coast of Costa Rica.
and one person who said they enjoy diving with them but that's about all I know.

I also found Mystic Divers but their website says they arn't running during the rainy season.

Also what kind of visibility can I expect during the August rainy season etc. General information would be appreciated.

Ryan Fahey

Last edited:
No one knows anything about the dive ops in the area?

Hi Ryan,
Diving in August, that part of the coast, viz will be reduced and I would expect around 30 - 50ft at Cano island. For the dive ops I would highly recommmend Costa Rica Dive and Surf or Southern expeditions, who have been running the longest. I am not entirely sure if Costa Rica Dive and surf will be open at that time as they sometimes close up shop around September/october time, sometimes a little earlier depending on weather. With either of those shops though you will be in good hands.

We had a very good experience with Mad About Diving in February. Have used Mystic Dive Center and would not recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom