professional weight harness system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanOpportunity

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I've been diving this simple yet very robust weight harness system doing commercial work for over a decade and have had several requests to produce them.

weightharness.jpg

Features
1. Wide belt protects hips from hard weights, and reduces wear on suits
2. All marine-grade stainless and brass hardware and fasteners
3. Four d-rings positioned low on hips for clipping accessories and tools
4. Adjustable harness fits wide range of divers and individual preferences
5. Professionally stitched by a sailmaker
6. Diver can add weights on belt or shoulder straps to optimize trim
7. very generously cut so diver can make personal adjustments for his/her best fit

Benefits
1. Suspenders distribute weight across the shoulders, eliminating strain on the lower back
2. Position weights low on hips to lower center of gravity. This makes working on feet in the water more natural
3. Buckles are securely fixed, yet positioned to allow for ditching weight in an emergency
4. Weight belt and suspenders can be removed from main chassis and replaced should they wear over extended use
5. Uses standard bullet weights found at any dive shop

I've used the original for more than 6 years with only changing the suspenders once. I've dived in with 6 lbs of lead right up to almost 50 lbs of lead, and it is very comfortable. Also light enough to travel with.

I produced an initial pre-production run of 12 harnesses. $75 each for this run as some have minor factory blemishes and we're working out the production kinks. Retail will be $110 for the next go-around.

email me at explore@oceanopportunity.com to order

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom