Sealife DC 1400 Camera Kit - $500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hueydok

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Selling the DC 1400 with wide angle lens and external pro strobe/base/arm. This camera has the newer 'piano style' buttons and has never been flooded or had any problems. Less than 50 dives and it takes great movies and pics every time. Inner camera is an Olympus that takes great above water pictures as well. I take care of my gear and this was rinsed and soaked in fresh water after every single dive to keep it looking and working in great condition.

Purchased new on Leisure Pro this whole kit is about $900 with the lens and flash, so my price is almost 1/2 that. Hit me up with any questions or PM me if interested. I am moving into technical diving and won't be using cameras as much anymore.

Includes the following:
Camera case
Camera (Olympus)
4 GB SD Card
Flash base with flexible arm and flash
Wall charger for battery
Nylon bag that everything fits into
Spare moisture munchers
Clip/cable (3 ft coiled) for attachment to BC

Link to camera with specs, pics, etc.:DC1400 | Sealife Cameras
Link to flash accessory: Digital Pro Flash | Sealife Cameras

Hi! I am interested in your camera - but I live in South Africa! I am going on a dive trip to Grenada next month and am keen to take photos - I haven't done any underwater photography before but am an avid photographer. I am not keen on putting my SLR underwater and anyway the housing cost is astronomical!
I had already looked up this camera and thought it the one I would like, but again the new price is a bit steep as I'm not sure how much diving I'll be doing in the future. Our South African waters are chilly and we don't have wonderful vis down south where I live.
So I'm not sure where you are in the US but perhaps you could find out the air freight cost to Cape Town, South Africa? Or perhaps it would be possible to send the camera to the resort I'll be staying at in Grenada?
Please let me know what you think?
With thanks
Sandy Marwick

Hi Sandy. The cheapest freight I could find is to St. Georges, Grenada for $150 USD. That is expensive and would put the camera kit plus shipping at $650. Still cheaper than buying new and you will enjoy this camera no matter how much you use it. Totally up to you...let me know.

Thanks for the info. Can you please email me pics of the equipment to my email: marwicksandy@gmail.com
I will in the mean time I will email the dive company and resort that I've booked with about receiving goods on my behalf.
Any idea of costs to SA?
I've never done a payment overseas - do you know how it works? How do we both have guarantees?
Thanks
Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom