Suunto Mosquito Battery O-Ring Size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepseafalcon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey there,
does anyone have the dimensions of the O-Ring in the battery compartment of the Mosquito? Since the battery doesn't last that long, I'd like to buy a bunch at McMaster to have them handy when needed for my wife's comp.
Thanks!
d-s-f

Maybe someone knows... But if not, you can carefully measure the existing o-ring (inside diameter, outside diameter, and cross-section), and look it up yourself here. You just have to get the measurement down to 1/32"... which is do-able with any ruler...

--Marek

Hmmm, when I changed my mosiquitos battery, an O ring came with the new battery. Curious, how often are you needing to change it? I got 15+ months on the original battery. The booklet says, you should get 100 dives or 12 months on a battery (or something close to that).

Yeah, just buy the kit, comes with an oring, battery, and battery cover, all of which are supposed to be replaced when you change the battery, and it's only around $12.

does really nobody know that and can help?
I found several sources specifying the size for the Vyper or Cobra, but none for the Mosquito..??!?

in another thread, someone suggested to look on the back of the manual. mine doesn't say anything about O-Rings. maybe some older or newer manual does

==> Mosquito owners, would you mind to have a look?

Thanks!
d-s-f

I changed my battery for the first time on my mosquito last week, it lasted around 50 dives and about 14 months, I bought the kit for about US$10 or $12 and it comes with battery, back cover and 0-ring, so far I have only jumped in the pool with it, let's hope it survives my Utila trip that is coming up next week, I suppose it well. It looked like I could have used the old 0-ring, but heck why take a chance!

Looked in my manual, and no size listed. FWIW, my mosquito is 2 years old

deepseafalcon:
==> Mosquito owners, would you mind to have a look?

Thanks!
d-s-f

Aqualung now requires that the 5983 battery Mosquito replacement kit be used for good reason. The seal is more of a compression seal than an o-ring seal. The old cap may develope hair line cracks and should be replaced routinely. The o-ring becomes compressed and may not seal. Their warranty only covers units when battery is replaced using the kit. This also applies to the Cobra, Vyper, and Vytec. I felt I had to respond because I have seen floods after only the battery was replaced.

Back
Top Bottom