Alternative screen protector for Nitek Trio/Duo/Zeagle N2ition/Tusa UQ-700?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

I just picked up a Nitek Trio and am very happy with the computer itself. Simple to use, big fonts and does what I need it to do, nothing else.

What I'm curious about is if anyone has found an alternative for the acrylic screen protector it comes with. The protector tends to trap air bubbles under itself when diving which are difficult to clear, then once surfaced, the trapped water fogs up the computer making reading it difficult. I have since removed it but realized during installation I slightly marred the screen on one side as it fits very tightly against it on the edges.

Do most people dive their computers without the protector at all? I am wondering how something like Invisishield would work with the screen, or something equivalent (maybe without the harsh spray on adhesive). Has anyone tried that yet?

I've had good luck with ZAGG screens, although there certainly a 'technique' to installing them without screwing them up. I have no idea if ZAGG makes one for your unit, sometimes I've had to order them for some other unit and cut them down to size for my desired application, a bit of a pain, but I've found nothing better than the ZAGGs!

Second the Zaggs.... there is no spray on adhesive, the spray is a liquid soap/water to facilitate installation. I use them on all LCD screens i.e. Phones/Cameras/Camcorders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom