Dacor Micro Brain Charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbuckalew

Reaction score
New to the boards and have a question for everyone.

I have an old Dacor Micro Brain Pro Plus dive computer that I purchased new way back when. However, we were stationed in Germany and my local instructor (US Military) was also a Dacor dealer (special deal so we could get gear).

I purchased the MB Pro Plus but we couldn't get the charger shipped to us overseas. Needless to say...many dives later, a move back to the states and a several year break in diving...my batteries has completely discharged.

Does anyone know where I can find a charger? I can't seem to find one in any of the usual places (e-bay, classifieds, etc).

Hi: Let me know if you perchance you find a dealer, service center that will replace the batteries? I have a MB, purchased in 1989 - still ticking but I only use it as a back up now. The manual states that recharging is done on a regular basis, like after so many dives, not when it is completely dead. There is a recharge schedule in the computers manual.
Montyb

Well, my LDS was able to learn more from Dacor regarding this unit. They no longer service them. However, there is one guy.

When Mares purchased Dacor, he didn't want to move. He worked for them for 20 years I was told. He is the only one they know of who still works on them (he does this on the side).

My LDS is trying to see if he'll work on mine. I'll let you know what I find out.

tbuckalew:
New to the boards and have a question for everyone.

I have an old Dacor Micro Brain Pro Plus dive computer that I purchased new way back when. However, we were stationed in Germany and my local instructor (US Military) was also a Dacor dealer (special deal so we could get gear).

I purchased the MB Pro Plus but we couldn't get the charger shipped to us overseas. Needless to say...many dives later, a move back to the states and a several year break in diving...my batteries has completely discharged.

Does anyone know where I can find a charger? I can't seem to find one in any of the usual places (e-bay, classifieds, etc).

I have tried to find charger also, I'm living in Finland. Did You find an answer or solution.

I have thought that it could be charged from outside with just some charger, just have to know which one of those on-sensors are negative and positive polar. Who knows? Usuall the leftmost is used as negative polar. Inside is just chargeable Lithium battery.

I have just some charge left, but I can take the risk because without charger it is unnessessary to me. I haven't tried yet.

If some one knows where to ask, please tell me.

any luck with that charger?

After a little investigation- I found that former DACOR engineer that still works on this product-

Jerry Powell Scubatech
262-843-2293
scubatech@busynet.net

Hi
Really old thread I know but it is about an old device so bear with me!!
I just got an MK10, a D400, and a Dacor console with this little Micro Brain Pro Plus.
Battery dead of course but would be fun if someone could have a way to recharge it again.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom