New Timex Dive Watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Dear all,

Timex seems to make a decent watch with a reasonable price, but I was told that Timex has discontinued Helix DM dive watch, which is currently sold in eBay or online shops.

I am wondering if there is no replacement coming in from Timex for the current dive watch (Helix DM Series). If any members are here in the watch industry, would you mind sharing your knowledge? Do I have to wait or just buy this discontinued one?

Thanks in advance,

I use it, your not missing out. but www.overstock.com may still have some.. Just it isn't great for temperatures lower then 42F. Mine was used in 30F, and I can't get temperature readings anymore and the watch won't light up anymore. It keeps resenting on me too..... so it's a flop watch.. or I just purchased a Lemon

Nah I find mine marginally useful. It's really easy to accidentaly hit buttons and reset the dive or start/stop it. It's on my BC as a "backup" to my computer, but I never look at it, and it usually has the wrong dive time and whatnot at the end of the dive (because I've hit the button accidentaly no doubt).

YMMV

Gregg

I bought 3 for the family. They all failed. One leaked and completely failed, two lost the backlight where one doesn't allow you to set the time (or anything else) and the other is too touchy switching to the date when trying to set the time.

They worked fine for about 2 dives no deeper than 50'. Afterwards, two worked with limited features. I returned them all and am waiting resolution.

So much for an inexpensive backup.

mine worked great for up to 115' dive.. just flopped withthe cold temperatures. I didn't like tha fact that it was so touchy and that it kept reseting on me, I lost the logged dives, and kept having to redo the time, date, alarm.. etc.. CRAPPY WATCH no wonder timex doesn't make them anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom