AquaLung Computer Problems - i200 series or other models

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanwu

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

🤷‍♂️ Just wondering who else has problems/failures with the AquaLung i200 series computers? ...as Aqualung simply doesn't stand behind them. 🙄 ... Previously, Oceanic sold the same computer, just as their own brand.

I love the form factor & features of my 2 Aqualung i200 dive computers (+ 1 Oceanic) that are wrist watch size types, however, both of them have died within just a 3-4 years of use. The software essentially goes nuts, and depth sensors seem to fail.

In comparison, my other dive computers, are all still working fine. These include: (in chronological order)
- Suunto Favor
- Uwatec Aladin Pro
- Suunto Zoop
- Deepblu Cosmic ... Although the first 2 failed, and the replacement is still working.

Hope to hear from other Aqualung owners, and not necessarily of the same model...

Cheers,
A

Attachments

• AquaLung_i200_ERRORs.jpg
    AquaLung_i200_ERRORs.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 98
It seems like Aqualung computers are junk. I paid a lot for my i550 and it did not last very long despite gentle use. Aqualung i550 alarm, no display?

The one counterpoint I have is that that one of my dive buddies recovered an algae-covered i100 something and it worked just fine after the battery was replaced.

Hi Everyone,

🤷‍♂️ Just wondering who else has problems/failures with the AquaLung i200 series computers? ...as Aqualung simply doesn't stand behind them. 🙄 ... Previously, Oceanic sold the same computer, just as their own brand.

I love the form factor & features of my 2 Aqualung i200 dive computers (+ 1 Oceanic) that are wrist watch size types, however, both of them have died within just a 3-4 years of use. The software essentially goes nuts, and depth sensors seem to fail.

In comparison, my other dive computers, are all still working fine. These include: (in chronological order)
- Suunto Favor
- Uwatec Aladin Pro
- Suunto Zoop
- Deepblu Cosmic ... Although the first 2 failed, and the replacement is still working.

Hope to hear from other Aqualung owners, and not necessarily of the same model...

Cheers,
A
My wife has a two year old i200, has been replaced once already at around 30 dives. The computer was still under one year old and still in warranty so they fixed it. She has about 30 dives on it since being fixed and so far, so good.
I have a two year old A.L. 470 with about 60 dives on it and it has been quirky for me as well. I’ve gone into deco several times with it and have been locked out, unable to use it the next day. The three times this has happened, the dives were in a very safe, shallow profile. The old Suunto Mosquito was much more reliable.
The A.L. computers are American made and that was a big reason for my purchase as well as being carried by my local dive shop, but I regret the purchase.

It seems like Aqualung computers are junk. I paid a lot for my i550 and it did not last very long despite gentle use. Aqualung i550 alarm, no display?

The one counterpoint I have is that that one of my dive buddies recovered an algae-covered i100 something and it worked just fine after the battery was replaced.

Well, one success is not exactly a great reflection, considering divers nitrogen levels & thus lives are placed into the hands of the algorithms of these dive computers!

I just took my brand new i200C to dive in Roatan, and it died on my second dive during our ascent. Not good. Super buggy, and definitely going to be returned.

Please let us know the outcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom