1st Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottSpencer

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I will be down the week of 9-16 October for our first Coz trip. We are staying at the Fiesta Americana and have a 2 tank / fast boat package with Dive Paradise and will do any afternoon or shore dives on a pay as you go basis with the hotel. Questions are weather and diving conditions 5mm or 3mm and what about nitrox.

Our background: We have experience diving the deep ( 100-130 ) wrecks in Florida, drift dives Florida East coast and we LOVE Bonaire

ADD: Also which are best sites for first time (my wife likes to decend kind of slow for her ears)

I know that the dive op associated with the Fiesta (Dive House) can get nitrox, I think you have to set it up with them a day ahead. They don't fill their own nitrox tanks they buy them from offsite fill stations. I think a tank is $10, and they only offer EAN32 and EAN36.

I can't imagine you needing anything heavier than a 3mm, even in Oct.
I use my 1mm skin in September there with no problems, I don't think the water temps drop off that much.

Ron Brandt:
Personally,I get cold easily and now use a 5mm when doing two or more dives a day.

Ron

Yeah,

We used our 5mm last year for two weeks of diving in Bonaire and it really makes a diff when your doing 3 - 5 dives a day.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom