Corpus Christie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am not at all familiar with Cozumel and was scheduled to go down in December. The condo's that we were scheduled to stay in are in the Corpus Christie neighborhood. Is anyone knowledgeable of that area and can give an accurate report as to the damage? We are having trouble getting in touch with the owners other than they have canceled everything for the year, they say that the devastation is total for the whole area etc. I keep reading reports that other places will be open by late November and am trying to just get an overall picture and if necessary another place to stay.

Thanks

A friend of mine lives near that area....didn't come out too bad. Lost part of a retaining wall,water tower came down and the gate blew off. There as a little water but the house is of exceptional construction. The street was flooded.

I don't know who you are trying to get hold of. I have a phone number (that's my friends) you could call and maybe get some info.

I am still thinking thinking of December myself but have a place to stay if the house is not too full. Getting down may be a problem though.

Ron

I also heard that th CC area came out pretty well, and was one of the first neighborhoods to start getting electricity back. On www.cozumelmycozumel on the general discussion board, there are topics for people asking about specific houses and places. If you kow the address, maybe someone there can give you an actual status on it.

A friend's townhome in CC had just completed construction prior to Wilma and sustained virtually no damage...very little to no water and not one window shattered.

AggieDad:
I am not at all familiar with Cozumel and was scheduled to go down in December. The condo's that we were scheduled to stay in are in the Corpus Christie neighborhood. Is anyone knowledgeable of that area and can give an accurate report as to the damage? We are having trouble getting in touch with the owners other than they have canceled everything for the year, they say that the devastation is total for the whole area etc. I keep reading reports that other places will be open by late November and am trying to just get an overall picture and if necessary another place to stay.

Thanks

Howdy Ag! Can't help with info on damage, but can suggest places to eat while there that are off the beaten path. Was just in Cozumel a week after Emily. They get things back up and running pretty quickly down there.

Oh, and bthotu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom