Lost Camera 4/8 on Atlantis Dock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humanphibian

Reaction score
I lost a camera today and would like to ask: If anyone saw who picked it up, or if you see it in the future, please send Me a PM.

We we`re diving with Christi, and had a rental camera from Island Photo with us on the dock (Holly, please do not read any further....) We we^were having some difficulty getting the boat in on the dock. I sat the camera down on a large white box and pulled the boat in with Pedro. We then left for Scuba Club. I realized that the camera was still on the box, so we went back. We returned no longer that 10 minutes later and to my HORROR it was gone. Ì am still waiting for all of the boats to return hoping that someone here at CDM picked it up.

It sure was not fun having to tell Armundo that my HIA move lost his equipment.

still looking..........................

do you think it could've fallen into the water?

Was there anything on the camera that said where it came from?

Good luck with the recovery!

Been there and done that. . . My camera bag disappeared while checking into the hotel Casa del Mar, several years ago. The people in our group were sure someone had stolen it. . . A member in our group grabbed a green camera bag, thinking it was their clothes, and didn't return it till the trip home.

To make it easier for an honest person to return a seperated camera, The first frame on every memory chip is a bold image of my name, address and phone.

mudhole:
To make it easier for an honest person to return a seperated camera, The first frame on every memory chip is a bold image of my name, address and phone.

Really good idea - thank you!

Good luck.

To elaborate on mudhole's comment, on the Oly's it is possible to set an image to display when the camera is turned on or turned off. I set an image with my name address and phone, and have it locked on each memory card.

Just another great thing I learned on ScubaBoard.

'course that wouldn't help much with a rental camera.

W

humanphibian:
I lost a camera today and would like to ask: If anyone saw who picked it up, or if you see it in the future, please send Me a PM.

We we`re diving with Christi, and had a rental camera from Island Photo with us on the dock (Holly, please do not read any further....) We we^were having some difficulty getting the boat in on the dock. I sat the camera down on a large white box and pulled the boat in with Pedro. We then left for Scuba Club. I realized that the camera was still on the box, so we went back. We returned no longer that 10 minutes later and to my HORROR it was gone. Ì am still waiting for all of the boats to return hoping that someone here at CDM picked it up.

It sure was not fun having to tell Armundo that my HIA move lost his equipment.

still looking..........................
Hi Gang,
To this day no one has come forward with it. It is marked inside and out with our name & number. Kind of makes you loose a little faith...but not in Scott - he has already provided us with a replacement - thank you my friend!I am so sorry it hapened, someday when that "someone" on the island brings it in for repair, boy will they get an earful!!!!At the very least!

wow that sucks....

If it makes you feel better, I lost my expensive calculator the other day and no one had turned it in either.

I'm still looking for my mind as well. If you see that laying anywhere, let me know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom