Hotel Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone who has information on Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel , I would appreciate it.

Quality, location, pier for pick-up, on-site food quality, high speed internet access, etc.

Thanks,

Rich Hagelin

richhagelin:
Anyone who has information on Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel , I would appreciate it.

Quality, location, pier for pick-up, on-site food quality, high speed internet access, etc.

Thanks,

Rich Hagelin

I've got a question, maybe I'm just out of it, but do you really need high speed internet access while on a Cozumel vacation? I see this request over and over. What happened to getting away from that on vacation? I couldn't miss it any less while I'm there! :huh:

I can relate. My boyfriend is required to check his e-mails, for work, everyday. Even when on vacation. And deal with whatever. He's had to check them in Bonaire, Zihautanejo, Aruba, Vegas. It stinks and I find it a very irritating intrusion on our vacation. But there is no getting away from it.

richhagelin:
I'm teaching an on-line course, so I can be in Cozumel diving and not take vacation.

Rich
You could be like my online teachers and never check my emails and take two weeks to get my papers back to me. :wink:

Kat:
I can relate. My boyfriend is required to check his e-mails, for work, everyday. Even when on vacation. And deal with whatever. He's had to check them in Bonaire, Zihautanejo, Aruba, Vegas. It stinks and I find it a very irritating intrusion on our vacation. But there is no getting away from it.

that is a job i would not have

We need access because the only way to contact the family re: our 89 year old grandmother is via interent. We also receive notice from our credit card company of charges made so we can be alerted of bogus charges should it happen. We typically check in once a day. Sue

Rich,

I just called Villa Blanca for you. They do not have internet access in the rooms or in the lobby.

The only hotel I know of with internet access IN the rooms is Casa Mexicana.

Caribe Blu has high speed wireless in the lobby only at this point.

Bahia has high speed in the lobby, but it's not wireless that I know of.

Paradise Beach has high speed wireless access.

Occidental Grand and Allegro have internet in the lobby, but not wireless and not in the rooms.

The Coz airport has wireless internet.

AND...since you will be diving with me part of the time, I have a Wi-Fi in my office that I allow for my divers to useduring my office hours...you just have to set up the account when you get here and I have to give you the password.

I can't think of any other hotels with internet access...of course I could be wrong.

Here's my report from February. We stayed at Villa Blanca http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=131739

Villa Blanca has no internet. Hotel Cozumel has wireless in the lobby but it is not that fast. I asked about it at Casa del Mar and they tell me they have it. I'll see at the end of May if that's true.

My husband is self-employed so if we are away more then a couple work days, or if something comes up right before we leave, he has to have internet. Unfortunately there is no such thing for him as completely getting away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom