Ok...now which dive op to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I've decided where to stay...now I need some help choosing a dive op. I have been diving with Blue Angel and with Sand Dollar.

I'm looking for two days of two or three tank boat dives without a cattle call. Who has the best operation in Cozumel?

Thanks in advance!

You could take a fast boat with Dive Paradise. They're an excellent operation.

Hemlon:
I think I've decided where to stay...now I need some help choosing a dive op. I have been diving with Blue Angel and with Sand Dollar.

I'm looking for two days of two or three tank boat dives without a cattle call. Who has the best operation in Cozumel?

Thanks in advance!

I've been out with both of those ops. Sand Dollar is good for newbies, and Blue Angel is just plain good. Is there something you found lacking with them? If so that would be good information so we can better steer you in the right direction.

From my experience Blue XT Sea and Blue Angel are both top noch. One has more boats and is therefore a little easier to book, the other has some great personal attention touches that truely make the experience a pleasure.

Blue XT Sea is our first choice for diving if we can get on their schedule.

James Goddard:
I've been out with both of those ops. Sand Dollar is good for newbies, and Blue Angel is just plain good. Is there something you found lacking with them? If so that would be good information so we can better steer you in the right direction.

From my experience Blue XT Sea and Blue Angel are both top noch. One has more boats and is therefore a little easier to book, the other has some great personal attention touches that truely make the experience a pleasure.

I did a shore dive with Blue Angel last December while in port on a cruise. It was an ok operation but I didn't feel like we were instructed on how to exit without getting cut to shreds on the rocks. (Had the DM told us which direction to enter the dive, we would have avoided the exit that we made.)

In any case, I would rather not dive with them next month.

I'll check out Blue XT Sea...thanks!

I´ve been diving all week with Blue XT Sea (and one more day of diving tomorrow). They are everything (and more) that their reputation on Scubaboard would have you believe. You can´t go wrong with Christi and her crew.

www.bluextseadiving.com

Hemlon:
I did a shore dive

That was your first mistake :). Cozumel is not known for it's shore diving. :).

Of the two shops you've mentioned, Sand Dollar caters to newer divers, and Blue Angel caters to more experienced divers. So if you were not experienced with shore exits, yea you probably didn't get the education you needed.

Blue XT Sea is an exellent choice! But the typical shore diver in Coz is someone looking for more diving after they've paid for the boat.

James

Blue XT Sea and Christi go above and beyond with service, great fast boats, great DMs, soft towels, great snacks and refreshments...Oh yeah, the DMs are great. Max 6 people per group. Many of my dives were over 70 minutes. First Class!! www.bluextseadiving.com

If they are booked, my next favorite is Deep Blue. Very similar Op, just not quite as refined! www.deepbluecozumel.com

Divedoggie:
Blue XT Sea and Christi go above and beyond with service, great fast boats, great DMs, soft towels, great snacks and refreshments...Oh yeah, the DMs are great. Max 6 people per group. Many of my dives were over 70 minutes. First Class!! www.bluextseadiving.com

If they are booked, my next favorite is Deep Blue. Very similar Op, just not quite as refined! www.deepbluecozumel.com

Thanks for the info, Divedoggie!

I also highly recommend Blue XT~Sea. Christi and her crew are AWESOME! Today is our last diving day with them for this trip and I'm sad to have to leave, although yesterday I got to see my first seahorse and two batfish, so I'm stiil on cloud 9 about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom