Hola from Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

94GTStang

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey!

Just wanted to say hello to all the SBer´s from Cozumel! I am currently sitting at an internet cafe on calle 3 y 25. I am killing some time while my girlfriend is getting a massage from CozSally up the street!

We just got here today and we are pleased to see how nice Cozumel has rebuilt itself! Yes, there is some signs of damage like homes being rebuilt and no foilage on the trees. However, the waterfront and the downtown district still look pretty nice.

We don´t start diving until Saturday for we are waiting on another couple to come down, but we can´t wait to finally dive Coz! We snorkeled while waiting for our room to get ready, but that has only teased us.

I doubt I will be back on the internet anytime soon to check this thread and I might see how far my cell phone will skip across the water while I´m here too!

Eric

P.S. For anyone coming down to Coz, I recommend Sally hands down for massages!

I am sooo jealous. When I was there in May got two massages from Sally - she is amazing. I agree. Have a great time - trying to figure out how to get back there in the next few months.

94GTStang:
Hey!

Just wanted to say hello to all the SBer´s from Cozumel! I am currently sitting at an internet cafe on calle 3 y 25. I am killing some time while my girlfriend is getting a massage from CozSally up the street!

We just got here today and we are pleased to see how nice Cozumel has rebuilt itself! Yes, there is some signs of damage like homes being rebuilt and no foilage on the trees. However, the waterfront and the downtown district still look pretty nice.

We don´t start diving until Saturday for we are waiting on another couple to come down, but we can´t wait to finally dive Coz! We snorkeled while waiting for our room to get ready, but that has only teased us.

I doubt I will be back on the internet anytime soon to check this thread and I might see how far my cell phone will skip across the water while I´m here too!

Eric

Wow! Sounds great! Where is Sally at? Looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back. Cozumel is an incredible place, filled with incredible people and diving. Have a great time!

Happy Diving,

Britt
CrazyScuba.com :fish:

94GTStang:
Hey!
<snip>

<snip>

Don't start diving till Sataurday!!!! Good god man what are you waiting for !! :D

I said the last time we were in Coz that we should go to get a massage from Sally and it got put off. This time down Sept 2-10) we absolutely must do get one (or two), after all the great things we've heard on the board we have to try it out.

Sally is great. I like deep pressure massages and the technique she uses is great for that. Gosh, I am jealous. How can you wait to dive?

jpomerantz:
I am sooo jealous. When I was there in May got two massages from Sally - she is amazing. I agree. Have a great time - trying to figure out how to get back there in the next few months.

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

Thank you Eric, Jay, jmps and Sharky! It's great to meet people whose posts I read here... finally putting a few faces to names.

For those of you considering a massage (from anyone) in Cozumel or other dive destinations, please note the following recommendations. Because massage stimulates the circulatory system (read: shakes the soda bottle) please observe a 4 hour surface interval prior to massage if you dive below 80 feet, and a 6 hour interval if you dive below 120 feet. If you are diving 3 or more tanks per day, it's best to save the massage for a day you are not diving. Many massage therapists are not aware of the physiology of diving. It is the responsibility of the diver to be thinking about what they are subjecting their body to on diving days. To most divers that mean alcohol, sun, hydration and exercise, at the very least. Please add massage to that list.

Dive safely and come on back to the land of Coz!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

The thing I missed most while I was gone were Sally's massages :)

Well...I missed my crew and my animals too :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom