Just Got Back From Cozumel!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judydivescoz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We just got back from Cozumel last night after spending a week diving and living it up Cozumel style. We dove 6 days with Albatros Charters www.albatroscharters.com , small fast boat, great DMs. We dove sites ranging from Devils Throat to Columbia Shallows and had great dives on each site. We had one day of diving with just my husband and I and the DM..what a treat! Most days we had one or two others on board. We have dove with Rita and Burak many times and one of them has always been on board as the DM. This summer they hired Laura, a DM who has been on the island for quite a few years. She was exceptional! Lots of fun, flexible and had a great nack for pointing out the less obvious on a dive. We had the pleasure of diving with her 3 dives. Its funny, the world is really small, Laura grew up only 15 miles from where I lived in Connecticut! As always, diving with Rita is great fun..nice sites lots of critters and relaxing. The SI were spent on the boat most days eating great cakes cookies and fruit and sipping water or juice as well as great dive chat. Frankie, the boat captain was always close when we came to the surface, he took by BC on the boat from me so I could come up the ladder without the weight on my back.
We stayed at Casa Martillo www.casamartillo.com in Corpus Christi area of town. We have stayed there many times and like the location, pool and maid service. The maids washed any dirty clothes we had daily. I think we paid 450 a week for a 1-bedroom unit. We always choose to rent a car and used Rentadora Isis for the first time. Great rate (210 with all insurances) for a small VW sedan. We like to eat at the places like El Pique and Jorge’s for tacos. El Piques Pastor is the best. La Lobstereia was just incredible the night we went. The Independence holiday was Friday night.food, beer and fireworks a real treat, the locals partied on until the very early hours!
Cannot wait to go back. We plan on using the same condo, car rental and dive op the next trip.

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your dive report. Sue Sue

Mawg..whats that supposed to mean? I took time, wrote a report about the great trip I had with my husband, used a great dive op that is not Aldora, Martin or Christi, stayed in a nice condo and ate at the local restaurants and then I get a snotty response from you. I thought that this board was all about sharing information and experiences. I choose not to get into fish counts, bottom time, depth etc because I find that reading that is all very tedious. We went to Cozumel and had an incredible week, I am still on a vacation high. Please don't kill my buzz!

Sounds like you had a great trip! But how could any trip to Cozumel not be good?

This might be a stupid question and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'm asking it anyway. When you stay at Casa Martillo, do you have to go the Caleta to meet the boat or is there a dock within walking distance that most ops can pick you up? We've looked at staying in town after doing the daily Caleta trip in Dec, Feb and part of the week in May, I'm not sure I'd be too keen on doing that from town every day.

We dove with the shop right next to Casa Martillo so most days they picked us up to go to the marina with them. We always rent a car for the week to avoid the transportations issues. We thought it was very resonable and it gives us the chance to go to the east side to Coconuts or to the beach whenever we want as well as to the restaurants in town.

Mawg:
So, when did Rodales buy this Web Site? Just askin.

don't believe that Rodales is affilated with any board or website any longer but I've been wrong before....you must be referring to scubadiving.com and there is nothing wrong with that board or the trip reports on that board either :confused:

BTW nice report Judy....sounds like you had a wonderful time....I love all reports about my favorite island and read about them on several boards....I have been going there since 1977 and never tire of reading about my island in the sun.... :D

judydivescoz:
Mawg..whats that supposed to mean? I took time, wrote a report about the great trip I had with my husband, used a great dive op that is not Aldora, Martin or Christi, stayed in a nice condo and ate at the local restaurants and then I get a snotty response from you. I thought that this board was all about sharing information and experiences. I choose not to get into fish counts, bottom time, depth etc because I find that reading that is all very tedious. We went to Cozumel and had an incredible week, I am still on a vacation high. Please don't kill my buzz!

Excuse me? What does Aldora, Martin or myself have to do with this? Please keep us out of this.

By the way,. nice report and I'm glad you had a great time.

You people know a lot of the place; what's THE place to dive. Sharks are welcome :D

I will go with a group of 15 friends next November. Is it anyway a good time to go, besides any lost huricane

Erik

ErikPeeters:
You people know a lot of the place; what's THE place to dive. Sharks are welcome :D

I will go with a group of 15 friends next November. Is it anyway a good time to go, besides any lost huricane

Erik

Hi Erik...welcome to the board :D ...you may want to start your own thread with your questions....all the sites in Coz are great and of course you are in the ocean and always a possibility of seeing sharks....have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom