Cenote Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tboxcar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just returned from Tulum area and had an excellent two tank dive with "Abyss Dive Shop" I believe they have an office in Playa de Carmen, but I went through there office in Tulum. Anyway we did Dos Ojos I believe it's called. Two tank dive for about US$100 with your own gear. I drove to their shop in town and then they drove about 20 minutes north right past Hidden Worlds to get there. It was a very unique experience especially for those of us who dive strictly reefs and walls, it was so different! Water temp. was constant 75 F., wet suit is the best best, but being that I'm 'thickly padded' so to speak, I used my Aeroskin full body suit which resembles a 1mm, for the second dive I put a hood on which helped dramatically.
There seems to be many dive shops around who organize these dives, but if your already in the Tulum area, might as well use someone local. And after a week of diving in Cozumel, a great way to really rinse off you gear. First dive was about 29 ft. max and the second 49 ft. max, usually through most of the dive you are no more than 18 to 25 ft. down. Anyone looking for a different experience try the Cenote dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom