Super Moon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prop Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I took these on 3-18 and 3-19 from Villa Aldora. These are long exposures typically 2-3 seconds. I'm just as bad of an insomniac on vacation as I am at home. I was getting up at 3:00 to 3:30 am just looking out at the water and the setting moon. I read that this was the closest the moon got to earth in the last 18 yrs. I took the pictures from the upper floor, common areas of the Villa. Not that anyone else was out at this time in the morning. Pix would have been better from one of the suites balcony but we were not staying there this trip. Palm is lit up from lights illuminating the stairs leading down to the water. I took similar pix last October but had some bad file transfers and images where lost.
3-18

3-19 Full moon! Yes, This is the moon Not the sun Notice the lights of Playa Del Carmen on the center right of image. This was probably 3:00am ish:

I like this one:

Here comes the dang Carnival cruise ship, heading south, towards town:

Fun ship centered in the best light for the setting moon. I'm not sure if it enhances or detracts from the image???:

Ship turning back to the north waiting for the pilot to board the ship and park the white beast. This is still a 2-3 second exposure so sensor is gathering lots of what little early morning light there is. Sun is just starting to come up now about 5:00am ish. Moon still glowing real nice as it sets:

Zoomed in...:

Photography at dawn... Well, I guess it beats staring at the ceiling wishing was doing something. :dork2::idk:

way cool!!

WOW !! And Michael and I thought our Super Moon viewing was awesome...we were wrong :) Granted it was good, but, my opinion is seeing it in the night sky of Cozumel trumped what we saw here in Austin. Very nice, Thanks for sharing . Sue

Gorgeous!! Very nicely shot!

I saw it from an acoustic jam session on my deck. Not as cool as from Cozumel, but very cool, nonetheless.

Hope you don't mind but that first shot is going on my computer as a screen saver!!! NICE...

Great Pics ! The second pic is super. Working nightshift , i saw the moon but in the cold of Quebec was very different :crafty:

How was Villa Aldora? Looks like nice moon views are included. (Considering it for a future trip.) Hope this isn't a highjack. Nancy

How was Villa Aldora? Looks like nice moon views are included. (Considering it for a future trip.) Hope this isn't a highjack. Nancy

No worries here...
Last post I made about the Villa:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/372669-best-place-cozumel-4.html

You can PM me if you want. What ever questions I cannot answer myself I will get you an answer.

Thanks everyone for the kind words about the pictures. It is something I really enjoy (photography). I wish I could make a living taking pictures. Maybe someday...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom